1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!
NNava
Last Activity:
Mar 19, 2022

Share This Page

NNava

New Member, Female

Just Begin.... Sep 14, 2021

NNava was last seen:
Mar 19, 2022
  • My Story

Four years ago I lost everything I had worked so hard for. My business, a home, my health, and my identity. The physical pain started slowly and I would soon find out that I would be riddled with debilitating pain all day and all night for what's felt like an eternity. Burning aching arms, sciatic pain in my legs, headaches that lasted months, and mystery tooth pain. I muscled through and saw countless dr's only to find that nothing was wrong. I was losing the will to live due to pain and isolation but every image and blood test came back as not only was nothing wrong, but I was actually very healthy. This was the darkest place I could imagine. No friends, no identity, no purpose. Pain became my identity and suffering became my life. Right as I felt like giving up, I was blessed with a new Dr who explained that my childhood experiences and all the stress I endured could bring about this pain. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia but assured me if I could unwind the rubber band ball I'd become, that I could not only heal but I could be whole. He told me that my pain was a gift for enlightenment. At this time I found "The Great Pain Deception" by Steve Ozanich and became grateful in the knowing that I had TMS and I was the person in his book that he describes so perfectly. I still have pretty awful pain but my mind isn't being dragged down with it. I have hope now and am grateful to be a part of this community.
    1. NNava
      NNava
      Just Begin....
  • My Story

Diagnoses:
    Fibromyalgia
    Four years ago I lost everything I had worked so hard for. My business, a home, my health, and my identity. The physical pain started slowly and I would soon find out that I would be riddled with debilitating pain all day and all night for what's felt like an eternity. Burning aching arms, sciatic pain in my legs, headaches that lasted months, and mystery tooth pain. I muscled through and saw countless dr's only to find that nothing was wrong. I was losing the will to live due to pain and isolation but every image and blood test came back as not only was nothing wrong, but I was actually very healthy. This was the darkest place I could imagine. No friends, no identity, no purpose. Pain became my identity and suffering became my life. Right as I felt like giving up, I was blessed with a new Dr who explained that my childhood experiences and all the stress I endured could bring about this pain. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia but assured me if I could unwind the rubber band ball I'd become, that I could not only heal but I could be whole. He told me that my pain was a gift for enlightenment. At this time I found "The Great Pain Deception" by Steve Ozanich and became grateful in the knowing that I had TMS and I was the person in his book that he describes so perfectly. I still have pretty awful pain but my mind isn't being dragged down with it. I have hope now and am grateful to be a part of this community.