1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!
UkAdR
Last Activity:
Mar 3, 2016

Followers 2

High School Teacher

Share This Page

UkAdR

Peer Supporter, Male, from England, UK

Bring it on TMS - you don't scare me anymore you *******! Jul 7, 2014

UkAdR was last seen:
Mar 3, 2016
  • My Story

I am a 31 year old high school teacher from England, UK. I am married and have an amazing 17 month old son.

I have been battling lower back pain for 7 years now. It started 4 months after starting my first teaching job. Around 4 years into the pain I had my first MRI which showed a bulging L5-S1 disc, which I was told may or may not heal. The pain was always manageable, but I was always seeking to eliminate it. Tried phisio on numerous occasions, swimming 3 times a week half a mile each time for the last 2 years, inversion table, osteopath, chiropractor (£800...!), heat, ice, TENS machine, walking.... nothing has really helped and my condition has slowly but surely declined.

In August 2013, my back got a lot worse. Pain is always present in centre lower back, radiates into hips and buttocks. Saw orthopedic surgeon in October, ordered second MRI. No change in condition, but was told disc was degenerated. After trying facet join injections to no alleviation, I have been given fusion surgery as an option.

In February this year (2014), I got a lot of pain in my neck, shoulders and upper back. How can this be? How is this connected to my lower back? This uncertainty is what led me to Dr Sarno's books and this site, and here I am today, trying to find out if it is TMS or not and whether I will finally find relief and avoid surgery.
    1. UkAdR
      UkAdR
      Bring it on TMS - you don't scare me anymore you *******!
    2. UkAdR
      UkAdR
      Please to meet you all :)
  • My Story

High School Teacher
    I am a 31 year old high school teacher from England, UK. I am married and have an amazing 17 month old son.

I have been battling lower back pain for 7 years now. It started 4 months after starting my first teaching job. Around 4 years into the pain I had my first MRI which showed a bulging L5-S1 disc, which I was told may or may not heal. The pain was always manageable, but I was always seeking to eliminate it. Tried phisio on numerous occasions, swimming 3 times a week half a mile each time for the last 2 years, inversion table, osteopath, chiropractor (£800...!), heat, ice, TENS machine, walking.... nothing has really helped and my condition has slowly but surely declined.

In August 2013, my back got a lot worse. Pain is always present in centre lower back, radiates into hips and buttocks. Saw orthopedic surgeon in October, ordered second MRI. No change in condition, but was told disc was degenerated. After trying facet join injections to no alleviation, I have been given fusion surgery as an option.

In February this year (2014), I got a lot of pain in my neck, shoulders and upper back. How can this be? How is this connected to my lower back? This uncertainty is what led me to Dr Sarno's books and this site, and here I am today, trying to find out if it is TMS or not and whether I will finally find relief and avoid surgery.