1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New Program 24 years is a long time

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mustakaapu, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Mustakaapu

Mustakaapu Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I've had my condition for at least 24 years now. My main symptom isn't pain, although I've had my share of that also, but muscle and fascia tightness that causes vertigo. After all this time, I've finally understood the mechanism behind it: tight fascia is pulling on my neck muscles (sternocleidomastoid and occipital muscles). The same tightness has pulled my jaw and pelvis (SI-joint) out of alignment. That is the main thing, the list of other curious symptoms is about as long as a phone book.

I stumbled upon Dr Sarno's theory many years ago but for some reason was unable to fully internalize the mind as the source of my problems. In some sense it would be easier to deal with physical things, I guess. Now I can say I'm fairly sure of this conditions mental origin but I'm afraid I still won't be able to get rid of the symptoms. Anyway, now I've started this journey, let's see how far we go.

Hope you guys are all doing better! Do drop a line if the mood hits you :)

2. Madder

Madder New Member

I suffer dizziness and anxiety on occasion. More so when I was younger, but since I've recently started Dr Schubiner's programme, these symptoms are now resurfacing. Apparently it is a good sign, and that I have the condition 'on the run', as he puts it.

3. Mustakaapu

Mustakaapu Newcomer

Nice to hear from you Madder!

I'm sorry to hear your symptoms are coming back. I really hope you will get rid of them with this program, once and for all.

I also started looking into trauma releasing and Somatic Experiencing by Peter Levine, and I think I'm going to taker closer look at that too. Luckily there are these new modalities and approaches to these kinds of issues, so there's a possibility to find relief.

All the best to you on your journey!

4. Madder

Madder New Member

Thank you. I wish you the very best too. It seems like you're finally on the path to relief after such a long time. It is amazing the work that Dr Sarno started and in which there are, thankfully, a handful of others continuing.