1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

6 useful short anxiety videos recommended by my therapist

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by AC45, Jun 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AC45

AC45 Well known member

Hello TMS Community,

I wanted to share a set of six short videos that were recommended by my therapist. The premise is simple - lean into your anxiety and do the things you fear. In short, do the opposite of what anxiety wants you to do. You can apply the same concept to pain.

I didn't have a great day today. After this series of short videos (each is about 4 minutes), I decided to try the final frontier of my TMS healing - running. I used to love long distance running but I stopped 2 years ago due to pain. I only ran for a mile but it went fine :). Anyway, I wanted to share these. The information is not really new to this community but the way it is put together is simple and easy to follow.

Episode 1:
    Episode 2:
    Episode 3:
    Episode 4:
    Episode 5:
    Episode 6:

Best,
    AC45

2. honey badger

honey badger Peer Supporter

The videos on anxiety are fantastic! They had me laughing which is a great way to go when dealing with anxiety. I'll also add that I think you're being too hard on yourself when you say "I only ran a mile." I think a mile is SUPER! You did it! You started running again! It's a great accomplishment and celebrating it will help to reinforce it as a new habit. Well done! I run a mile and a half 3 days a week, and I have no intention of increasing it because this distance is exactly what I need right now. If I ran more I'd probably get discouraged because it'd be too much. So I do a mile and a half and I try to remind myself of how good it is for me and how great it is that I can take the time to give this exercise to myself. Thanks again for sharing the videos AC45. They're really great.

AC45 likes this.