1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 39 a great change

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lizzy, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi all, this is supposed to be about the best experience since starting program, but this is an ongoing change.

All my time driving in the car has been spent listening to music for.....hmm...30 years. However, after beginning mindful meditation I wanted it quiet. I am driving with myself for company, and really enjoying having fewer distractions. I drive 40 minutes each way at least 3 days a week to work. I wouldn't have thought this was possible. I am not mindful the whole time, but I am comfortable with myself and whatever comes up, it is really amazing.

This is really something for me, and I am very surprised, and happy!

Lizzy

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lizzy,
    I think this is wonderful.
    How nice it is to notice that we are comfortable being us! I think this is a powerful change, and observation.
    Andy B.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lizzy. It's wonderful that you don't need music anymore while driving.
    Were you listening to pop music or rock and roll, or classical?
    I prefer classical. Pop and rock are too much on my nerves.

4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Thanks Andy, I am feeling good about progress right now. I have had a couple days where what I was doing was uncomfortable emotionally, and both times I was ok with my foot acting up. It didn't stop it hurting, but that was ok! It hadn't been bothering me for a few months and it didn't worry me, :)

Walt, I listen to Christian pop, rock and some heavy stuff if I can understand the words. The words help me be positive .Music helps my mood. My daughter loves classical, but she hasn't hooked me!!

5. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

That's so great Lizzy. I will have to try this. Especially with driving being when the pain is just so insane for me. Thank you take care