1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 A little less scared... Need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Aquaboli, May 6, 2015.

1. Aquaboli

Aquaboli New Member

I got some good advice yesterday (don't discount small accomplishments). Sitting on soft surfaces is often difficult and results in pain. I sat for a pain free hour on my bed which is definitely an accomplishment. As soon as I sit on a couch the pain comes back. I want to believe it is merely a conditioned response but that doesn't stop my pessimistic thinking. Any advice...

rcguy1982 likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Notice and keep track of improvements. Thank your mind body for any positive change.
    We always want the full cure, and to be done. But here you have something quite good, and that affirms your Sarno work.
    Andy B.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Aquaboil, You sat on the bed with no pain, so there is no logical reason why sitting on a chair can give you pain.
    Maybe just imagine when you're sitting on a chair that you are sitting on the bed.

And Andy is right. We want a full cure and we want it instantly. Your subconscious must still want you to deal with repressed
    TMS emotions. It looks like you're close to healing but not quite there. Keep believing 100 percent in TMS.