1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 A question...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jullemire, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jullemire

jullemire Peer Supporter

I'm on day 8 and the pain is now a 3-4/10 when it was mostly 8/10 before I started. I'm delighted!

My question is: How can we access our unconscious feelings and deal with them if they are indeed unconscious? I don't know if you understand what I mean...

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I am struggling with this too. I think that is where the journaling comes in and being more aware of our thinking where in the past I have not been.

3. jullemire

jullemire Peer Supporter

I find journaling difficult... I never know what to write!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Keep journaling. You'll get all your anger, anxieties, etc. out of you sooner or later.
    Just remember, you don't need to change anything, just identify everything.

5. Stella

Stella Well known member

This site has wonderful information. Somewhere is lots of information about journaling. I have found journaling very insightful ,and I also periodically get stuck. So keep trying. Sandy

6. jullemire

jullemire Peer Supporter

Thank you both! I'll keep at it!

7. Lori

Lori Well known member

Write about ANYTHING that comes to mind that disturbs your peace. Feelings of conflict. Somthing that stirs up emotion for you. As you continue to write, things you had buried will come to mind to be addressed. I refer to it as delayering the artichoke.

8. jullemire

jullemire Peer Supporter

I like that! Thanks!!