1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Acceptance

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Grateful17, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

I saw this statement today on social media and thought I would share it. I like the message and I personally find it helpful when it comes to not Resisting.

Regarding Chronic pain, (which is the result of repressed emotional trauma)
    One of the most valuable lessons I have learned on my journey is that hating the pain is hating the parts of myself that are crying out to be loved and that in hating them I keep myself fragmented and mis-aligned with health on all levels - body, mind and Soul.
    It is not easy to love pain and I would say it is not even necessary. What is necessary is to love the parts of ourselves that are in pain. The younger, disowned, traumatized parts of ourselves that are calling out to us for healing. That is much easier. To see that child within and hold them close to our heart, unconditionally , and love them back from the darkness and into the Light or our BEing.

zclesa, Stella, 3rdCoast and 6 others like this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for sharing Grateful, it's a very true statement. I think for the most part, us TMSers look at forgiving a person for their wrong doings, when in fact we just need to look inward; to love, accept and nurture our inner child to feel safe again.

3. Mala

Mala Well known member

I think some things & some ppl u can forgive & some you can't. You can't force forgiveness no matter how hard you try.

This is true especially with ppl who r still living in an environment where they feel they r continuously being disrespected, belittled, unsupported, unloved either by family or friends or at work.

In this case u have to definitely look into yrself & understand why u r allowing this to happen & makes necessary changes no matter how difficult.

4. 3rdCoast

3rdCoast Peer Supporter

Wow, it makes so much sense. But it’s hard to wrap your head around embracing pain itself. Connecting pain with part of your inner self that needs you does make it easier to think about. Thanks for posting.

Grateful17 likes this.