1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for neck pain please

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dario3, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dario3

Dario3 New Member

Hi,

About 1 year ago I would suffer from intense stiff neck sporadically, where I couldn’t move my head in either direction. The pain would usually go away after 1 or 2 days. I read Sarno’s book and started to heal and was 95% recovered for the last 9 months. Now, I have gotten stiff neck again but slightly different. Before I would wake up with tremendous pain that would slowly go away over the course of 1-2 days. Now, I woke up with mild pain that has been building up and gotten worse over the course of a week. Has anyone experienced this? I know the general advice for TMS is to ignore your symptoms and carry on as you generally would, but how could I possibly go about my day and ignore the pain when I can’t move my head? By the way, I am 100% convinced this is TMS.

Thank you!

2. Bonnard

Bonnard Well known member

Hi there, I definitely defer to others with more experience and suggestions.
    But, I want to pick up on this thought:
    That slightly different part:
    Once I got real relief from my back pain symptoms, that's exactly the tricks TMS would play. Change the pain slightly--move from lower back to middle back or to the neck area. Or to some other part of my body. I'd be chasing the pain trying to come up with a new diagnosis or new name for what was going on.

As a distraction from what's really going on (emotional pain, repressed emotions/issues), switching up where the pain shows up is just another trick that's being played on me.

You mentioned that you are 100% convinced this is TMS. That's huge!! Nice job in getting there for yourself.
    Now....onto staying in the solution...

I wish you well...

Dario3 likes this.