1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

allodynia, hyperalgesia - constant bilateral inner thigh burning nerve pain not moving

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by enidid, Nov 18, 2021.

1. enidid

enidid New Member

Hello,
    I know I shouldn't be talking specific symptoms as there's probably no one who will have the very same symptoms but please do comment if you have experienced constant burning nerve pain that wouldn't move. Mine only seems to go away sometimes when in movement. The nerves in this area got sensitized with perineural injections and a deep massage. Ever since, my brain has been focussed to that area only and all the other symptoms (to keep it short: myofascial pain, sacroiliac and pelvic pain - all left side) seem ridiculous next to that, I don't even care about them anymore, most of the time don't even notice them, all I think about is nerve pain because it's just SO frightening.
    I am having a hard time convincing myself that my bilateral inner thigh burning nerve pain is TMS as it doesn't actually move or really go away without movement. It is sensitive to cold, touch, pants... but even without cold, touching or pants it burns most of the time.What I mostly hear/read about is people being afraid of movement, which is quite the opposite in my case. Sometimes it will feel like it goes away or I don't feel it, when running, when swimming, when exhausting myself walking, but isn't it because I'm moving and it all has to do with oxygen/warmth? Taking warm showers also feels good, which is why I sometimes think that it only seems to go away because I'm warmed up or there's warmth "covering" it. Why won't it go away when inactive? Has anyone here ever recovered from constant/not moving burning nerve pain? I've been searching around on the forum but haven't been able to find such an answer, so any answer would be very much appreciated in helping me to stop obssessing, fearing this part of my body and just be able to go back to a normal life.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is clearly TMS. Quite a few people on this forum had neuropathy, me included, and completely healed. You need to calm down your anxiety over it. I highly recommend Dr. Claire Weekes' audios, you can find them on Amazon.

miffybunny likes this.