1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anal pain Maybe TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by broncos24, Aug 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. broncos24

broncos24 New Member

Ive had anal pain for close to a year now. It is worse after a bowel movement. I have been to 9 different doctors and no one seems to understand the problem. I’ve been on all types of pain meds with no help. I also had Botox done as well as PT for 7 months. I’m trying Alan Gordon’s program and I’m not feeling better. I fear this will never go away. I’m so tired of being in constant burning pain. Please if you have any advice I would love it. I’ve read some success stories from PN forums and ezer story. I just hope this doesn’t drag on for years. I work 12 hr days and fight through the pain everyday.

2. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

If 9 medical professionals can't figure out why you are having chronic pain then I would say that it sounds like good ole TMS.

I also have swelling of the anus that is TMS. I had two colon oscopys as a kid that came back negative on Krohn's disease so I just came to accept it as a the literal manifestation of a "tight ass" aka repressed emotions.

westb and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. broncos24

broncos24 New Member

Thanks for the reply! I had a few rectal surgeons tell me it’s anal tightness causing the pain or maybe scar tissue. I did have hemorrhoid surgery as well as a LCS because of a fissure 15 yrs ago that I regret.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

My latest favorite podcast, which touches on SO many issues and has many many helpful gems in it, is an early one from The Mind And Fitness Podcast by Eddy Lindenstein (aka @LindenSwole). It's the episode where he interviews Steve Ozanich. Listen to the whole thing, don't zone out, don't skip, and don't drop out. It may help.

The Mind And Fitness Podcast, Episode 014, January 3, 2018.
    Wherever you get your podcasts (if you use Apple podcasts, you can rate the show which helps Eddy).
    On audioboom: https://audioboom.com/posts/6546970-014-steve-ozanich (Audioboom / 014 - Steve Ozanich)

I may be repeating this...

5. broncos24

broncos24 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply! I’m willing to try anything.