1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by giantsfan, Jun 23, 2022.

1. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

Hi Folks,

Hope you’re all doing well. Just wanted to share an update.

I recently made some massive strides with my chronic pain. Got back to running, weight lifting, etc mostly by knowing that nothing is wrong with my body and catching the fear thoughts.

However… anxiety, depression, and insomnia picked up big time thereafter. I wanted to share some people/books I recommend for those going through insomnia, anxiety, and/or depression. They have helped me tremendously.

-Self-Compassion by Kristen Neff (anxiety and depression)

-The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson (anxiety and depression)

-Hope and Help For Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes (anxiety)

-NATTO by Daniel Erichsen (insomnia)

The interesting thing about these people and books is that there seems to be commonality between them. Acceptance, detachment from outcome, and being compassionate towards yourself. The key being is that it’ll take some time until you *feel* it click. Similar to how it finally does with the pain cycle. Your brain finally hops onto that other neural pathway.

“Suffering = pain x resistance

Best of luck!

-Daniel

2. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

i would add “embracing uncertainty” by susan jeffers.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JaneSandyJane

JaneSandyJane Peer Supporter

Hi! Have you read "How to Make Yourself Happy & Remarkably Less Disturbable" by Albert Ellis, PhD? This is a great tool to help with anxiety.