1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone recovered from Pots? Is it TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Ran, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Ran

Ran New Member

Hello! I ve been suffering with a mild case of Pots (mainly orthostatic tachycardia or palpitations) since January. I am familiar with TMS. I overcame 3 years ago a consistent stomach ache and IBS symptoms with this program but now I can't get through! Maybe I am not convinced it is TMS... Any experiences anyone! Thanx in advance

2. EurypteridR

EurypteridR New Member

Hi Ran!

I know this is a bit late, but I just wanted to share my experience. I was diagnosed with dsyautonomia, I believe specifically POTS but it's not clear on my medical chart, mine was a bit odd since I didn't faint like most people with POTS, but I was completely disabled for around 4 years, and felt awful for many more. I was essentially housebound. Dizziness, brain fog, extreme fatigue, I missed out on almost all of high school, and was miserable, lonely, and isolate.

However, my mother then healed her severe back pain of many years via the structured educational program on the wiki: https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Structured_Educational_Program (Structured Educational Program)

I decided to try it as well, and I was very skeptical to at first. It took 3-4 attempts and a couple years, but eventually I managed to convince myself to get all the way through the program, and I did! I realized that I worked out regularly, I ate healthy, no one could find anything concretely wrong with my body. I was objectively a very healthy person, this helped me realize that, oh maybe I'm fine. I also had really deep emotional problems which I dredged up, that was the most helpful thing for me, journaling about all the things that made me feel sad, or pathetic, or small.

In the past year since my recovery: I've gone to college, gotten my license, gotten an internship, gotten my first job (and I'm starting my second job tomorrow!). I'm happier and healthier than I've been in years! I cannot recommend enough doing a TMS program for your POTS, and going on your journey. Pick something try it, and find out what works for you! Best of luck :)

3. Ran

Ran New Member

Oh thank you so much for your reply and for the link to the wiki! So glad you are doing so well! You give me great hope!!!:D

4. platypodes

platypodes New Member

Episode 21 of the podcast “The Cure for Chronic Pain” with Nicole Sachs features a guest who had POTS. It might be helpful to check out.