1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Back! After 5? Years ..

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sofa, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

And I'm wondering if tms is still a thing. For me, I am fully recovered!! This is due to the system I devised to "fool" my brain. It was not easy. Many folks said it couldn't (shouldn't) be done. But I went forward anyway and it worked!

To WAY oversimplify, you just need to distract your brain (easier said than done as it took me 4 years) but once that happens you can look deeply into your subconscious and confront your brain once and for all. Some doors just don't want to be unlocked....

You will KNOW when you are set free. I sure did! I owe a lot to this site!! Is it uncomfortable to face your own brain and its agenda? Yes of course. But Imo this is THE critical step.

Ashley A likes this.
  2. Northwood

Northwood Well known member

Congratulations on your success.

I met with a therapist today (second session) and a take-away from that meeting is that I have quite a wall of resistance to the fears and emotions that are surfacing after about six months of work on tms -- yes, it's still "a thing." But it doesn't appear to be accepted widespread in the medical community at this point, not in my experience. Anyway, I'd be curious to hear a little more about how you went about "distracting your brain" in order to be able to see into your subconscious. How'd you do it? What were your critical aha moments? Curious.

Sofa likes this.
  3. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sofa,
    Great to hear from you again with the news that you are fully recovered dancea

Can you take pity on me and explain how you distracted your brain?

BloodMoon

Sofa likes this.
  4. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

Hi Blood moon
    Two steps forward and one back... Ha

I'm not feeling perfect yet but I am learning to come to grips with the fact that my brain had been working against me....not with me.

As you know, I toyed with many "systems" to take back the keys... That was the hard part because my brain figured out I was trying to take back control and so it protected itself even more!!

I did not need to induce the deep meditative (borderline vegetative) state after all. No carefully designed note cards with trigger words. No bright lights blinking..In fact those experiments actually increased the complexity of the labyrinth. I would not recommend or endorse those "systems" to fool the brain.

Once I stopped trying to fool my brain, it began to work with me. Its weird but I believe it has learned to trust me a bit more.

I hope you, and the good folks here are doing well!

Lainey and BloodMoon like this.