1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back again, like clockwork.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by braden101, Jun 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

Well it has been about 6 years since i started posting on this forum. Have had really good runs and bad runs in that time but it seems to always be the complacency that brings me back here. I feel good, i forget all about TMS and the work I'd done and i let everything build up to a breaking point.

Started with some hip pain, few days off work, doctor wanted to get an ultrasound to check the hip was okay. Unfortunately found recurrent inguinal hernia on both sides. I had these fixed 6 years ago and being in such an active physical job all this time, I imagine has caused the recurrences (they are small).

Now funnily enough recurrent hernias hadn't even crossed my mind and that initial hip pain complaint i had vanished within days and was replaced by groin pain at the hernia site (Mostly right sided pain). Even the surgeon agrees the pain I am now getting in my groin, pelvis, buttox are probably not being caused by the hernias but he still obviously recommends a double open surgery to get these fixed once and for all as they will only get worse. He sent me for a hip mri which did show some very tiny labrum tears but nothing that doesn't just look like normal wear and tear...

So my life has been thrown into shambles with struggling to work, having to have a major surgery, the very real possibility of having to make a career change at least for the short term and throw in a new b0rn baby expected in November and the struggles of being newly married and raising two step kids!

I 100% know I am overwhelmed by stress and fear. I know this right sided back/hip/groin pain has been a symptom of my TMS multiple times in the past and i know for a fact it is triggered by fear. But i am overwhelmed, I cant stop my mind racing, I'm feverishly trying to make contingency plans for what if i don't recover, what if i cant handle the post surgery pain, what if I can't earn money, what if my wife and children suffer because of this...

I don't really know where to start, i guess i will start reading MBP again and figure this out from there. Ive been doing the classic physical therapy trap, wasting my money on massages and chiro and only getting temporary relief. I know this pain is disproportionate to the structural issues, I know TMS is contributing to it (Most likely the sole cause but i am not truly convinced yet, even though it seems obvious...).

Rantover.