1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

blue monday and back pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Gigalos, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

For the first time in a year, I woke up this Tuesday with pretty severe back pain. It was so bad I had to go home after a couple of hours being unproductive.
    I tried to not let it bother me the rest of the day, slept a couple of hours and the next day I felt fresh like a daisy... and no back pain.
    At work my colleague told me he heard about three other stories of people having had an episode. Today my father told me his back started to become painful all of a sudden... on Tuesday...

As you may know, last Monday was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year, according some research. I am simply curious if any of you experienced similar events... :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, Gigalos I've never heard of this about the most depressing day, Hum. Have you thought about anything that might have been going on in the last few weeks that might have triggered this pain. I know you know your stuff but are you sure you have had all the current pressures down good ya know like work and family. Is all well with the mortgage and all, anything you seen on TV that might have been unconsciously painful.

I could go on and on with the above thought but a day in the year that is the most depressing day -- wow, that's a new one. I'm glad you recovered though -- that goes to show even more how you know your stuff.

I did have some pressure on Tuesday but it was things that I was aware of, hum. I like this, very good discussion to bring up. Thanks Gigalos:)

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Eric,
    It is something to do with still having little sunlight these days, the holidays having past and nothing to look out for, temperature this time of the year and some other stuff. Don't know what moon we had this Monday, but might also have been in the equation... plus Mondays are the days you have to start work again... many songs about that :)
    Like you, I know what things were behind my personal tension, but found it so coincidental that I wanted to post.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Gigalos, I didn't know that last Monday was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year,
    but any Monday is supposed to cause more people to have heart attacks. It's because it's the first day
    back to work for most people after a restful weekend and they again have to face the pressures of
    their work which includes the people they work with, especially their boss or bosses.

I also think the weather can play on our emotions. Most people I know tell me they are depressed
    and tired of the early and long winter we're having (I live in the Chicago area and we're tired of
    snow and cold... more snow and below zero coming this weekend and early next week.

Lack of sunshine also can depress us. I take a Vitamin D supplement which helps take the place
    of sunshine since we're having lots of cloudy days. I also eat more foods with Vitamin D.
    They include egg yolks, milk, orange juice, tofu and soy milk, mushrooms, canned salmon and tuns in oil,
    cod liver oil, salami, ham. Do some research on the foods that are high in Vit. D before add them to your diet.

We have to try to keep sunny even on the gloomiest days. Listen to music and/or watch movies
    or TV that cheers you up. And keep your mind focused on "This too shall pass" and "Spring is coming."