1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Brand new!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ashcatash, Nov 12, 2012.

1. ashcatash

ashcatash New Member

Hi I am brand new. I just read about Dr. Sarno two days ago and I've ordered his book.

I'm convinced I have this problem. No doctor can tell me what's wrong. My chiropractor keeps putting my back "back in place" and it helps, but then my muscles spasm and pull it out again. I've spent most of my energy trying to keep my muscles calm for the last 7 months but it's hard. I also have foot buzzing and internal vibrations. Muscle twitches down my legs AND my eyelid. MRIs came back clean and nothing seems to be wrong. I actually DO get out of place though, because I have muscle spasms.

I keep telling my doctors that it all started one night when I had a major fight with a friend. I went to bed stressed out and crying and woke up with this. But all my doctors have ignored it and said I have a chronic problem that will never get better and I should be on pain pills the rest of my life. Very depressing, since I'm just 27 years old. Sigh....

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

You have come to the right place. Think about starting the Structured Education Program on thus site.

igloo likes this.
  3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Two days ago? Wow. You are going to learn a lot about
    yourself and how your mind works! Welcome.

4. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Welcome to a healthy life..I discovered Sarno 3 months ago and still working on achieving a fully pain free life but it works. Good luck to you

5. igloo

igloo New Member

Hi - I am new here and also to the concept of TMS. One month in, and it seems to be working for me so far - hope the same goes for you!

6. Lala

Lala Well known member

Stop listening to these awful doctors....their suggestions of a life of chronic pain are bullshit (excuse my french). I was told the same thing ten years ago when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia...TMS healing works and you already have a great idea as to what triggered the start of your pain...now try to think about how that fight with your friend really connects back to your childhood/infancy...connect the dots...how do those feelings of rejection, rage, abandonement, betrayal, fear or disappointment that you felt during that fight connect with similar feelings or traumatic experiences earlier in life. When we are young (infant, child, adolescent) we experience traumatic experiences that put us in fear of being separated from those things or people that make us feel secure and safe (separation rage). In order to survive these early traumatic experiences (be it abuse or simply feeling rejected by a busy parent) we create coping mechanisms and often they are maladaptive coping mechanisms (poor ways of dealing with our feelings)....we end up repressing our real feelings so we can cope or survive...then as we grown up we continue to filter all of life's challenges and traumatic experiences through this set of maladaptive coping mechanisms...thereby continuing the process of repressing unpleasent emotion. These repressed feelings build up over time and then boom, a fight with a friend unconsciously reminds us of all the yucky feelings we have repressed from our childhood. In an effort to prevent those dark, ugly, unpleasent emotions from surfacing the mind creates your pain as a distraction. You are in the right place and on the right track. Keep reading (Steven Ozanich's THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION is a great book after you have finished Sarno), do the structured education program on this site and keep reaching out. I promise you you are capable of living a pain free life. You are as strong and as healthy as you believe you are. Best of luck.

spiralgirl1 likes this.