1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

BREAKTHROUGH WITH FEAR.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I finally came to a conclusion with my on and off with medications over the last 1.5 yrs, pain med antidepressant meds,anxiety meds and so on…Every-time I took a med it just re-enforced my fear, so after I dosed down and made sure everything was ok…I did something I thought I would never due…I got rid off all my medication except my blood pressure med (which I will do eventually with my doctors approval) I left no fall back or a just in case meds around, I found this method counter productive, it just kept me in the pain loop and my not believing in the TMS process 100%.

As soon as I got rid of my last bit of them, my inner child went crazy starting pain everywhere in my body for the last couple of days its been the worse it as been in awhile. But it did not keep me down, I went on a date a few times this week went to a movie and during this time it just escalated ……But I kept the course and enjoyed myself..In the past I would have never leave the house.

To my disbelief ….I bought Fred Amir book ( as some of you might know..I was not a fan of him), but his modalities are quit basic and elementary but this simplicity as a major effect on how to deal with your TMS. It brings to your attention not the things you don't want for example :pAIN of course, depression and so on, but he makes look at the things you do want…

Also is 9 step recovery outline is pretty simple and packs a big PUNCH.

Also I have to express myself regarding TMS therapist, you don't need 12-16 session for it to help 2 at most covers it…and other info you need I would go to Steve O book ( THE BIBLE OF TMS).

Anyway I wanted to express myself with these new findings and hopefully this would encourgement to others.

Marco

2. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I'm glad to hear that you have found something that is working for you, Marco.

Onwards and upwards. :)

3. Boston Redsox

Yes its a start…..I found out 1 thing for sure meds where not helping

billiewells and KevinB like this.
  4. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

It's essential to look at different ways to recover; sort out what's working and what isn't - sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming/confusing, but well worth it once we find the right path. Hopefully you've found yours now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  5. Renee

Renee Well known member

This is so wonderful Marco! I've just recently decided to start another slow taper of Cymbalta for the very same reason, that taking it just reinforces the fear. I've been on it for 9 yrs for anxiety, and I hate being tied to taking something. It is scary because my inner bully asks me if I think I will really be able to function without it but I am learning to stand up to it.

Simplicity likes this.
  6. Boston Redsox

Good for you .....it took me a long time to stand up to my IB and this time he's going to have to listen to a adult . When the IB is good i will reward him...but when he does not listen he will be punished.

Renee likes this.
  7. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I think working with the Inner Bully/Critic is very important for many of us. Best of luck to you, Renee!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
    Renee likes this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marco. Your posts are so terrific. You show how you are increasingly believing in TMS and not relying on medication.
    That will heal you totally.

KevinB likes this.
  9. Boston Redsox

Thx you...Walt it is because of you and all the great people on this site and there posts that give me the courage and knowledge to proceed.

10. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Marco,
    I am happy for your breakthrough and your courage. Keep us posted. To not be afraid is huge!!!
    Andy B.

11. blake

blake Well known member

Good for you, Marco! Your steadfastness is paying off. I've found inner critic work to be crucial for my recovery, too.

All the best!

12. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

As we have discussed before, I too, found this approach very helpful. Medication was my first big step and has been very profound for me. Congratulations. I know you will experience the benefits you are hoping for.

13. Boston Redsox

Thx you all for your kind words....

KevinB likes this.
  14. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Kick ass Marco.... Plus it's just a little less $ being handed over to bigpharma. My hat is off to you sir.

15. Boston Redsox

Thx you all again for your words of encouragement

16. billiewells

billiewells Peer Supporter

thanks for posting

17. Pattiduck

Pattiduck Newcomer

Hello Everyone
    This is my first day on this forum. I was up till 5AM looking through TMS doctor's comments.
    My son is 25 yr old and has had Crohn's disease since he was 6. He has been on REMICADE for many years which has kept him well. He had a stricture in his Ileum and had to have surgery. Immediately after surgery he felt a fullness in his rectum - like he had " to go" - but he didn't need to. He has shooting pain up his rectum and into his pelvis. He was diagnosed with levator-ani syndrome and pelvic floor dysfunction. This was 2.5 years ago. He has done internal and external Physical Therapy along with Using a Tens Unit. He has also tried acupuncture, yoga, etc
    Now his pain is in the groin ( including all his man parts) and his back! He is suffering so badly and doesn't think he can go on! He definitely has a lot of psychological and emotional issues ( just tough stuff and drama in his life) that he needs to deal with. Pain melds don't really help and the psychiatrist has him on antidepressants Etc that he would like to not take. HELP! Sorry for the lengthy post - but I guess I am trying to see if anyone has had a similar experience and also would like to know if you have had success with TMS therapy - or .... What have you found most helpful???
    Thank you sooo much!!!

18. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Hi there,

Yes, plenty of people of recovered from similar symptoms by using the TMS approach. But this is something your son will have to do - you can't do it for him. Whether or not he'll believe in TMS is his own journey. I'd start by having him read Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain. If he's been cleared for Physical Therapy, he is safe to go about living his life "normally" and being active - this is stated by TMS doctors, not me, I am not an MD.

Blessings.

Kevin

19. Pattiduck

Pattiduck Newcomer

Kevin,
    Thank you so much for your reply! and, yes, you are exactly right that he will have to do it for himself! I'm just wanting to feel very strongly that this will help his particular pains before I strongly present it to him. I actually did give him Dr Sarno's back pain book and I 'm reading the prescription book. Brian is so hopeless and discouraged that I'm doing the legwork. Do you know of any other people that have had the groin/testicle pain in particular? Also, what do you think his first step should be -- To choose a TMS Dr??? (phone conversations) Thanks for caring and answering.

20. Renee

Renee Well known member

Do a search for pelvic pain on this site. A lot of men go to a urologist with these symptoms and get misdiagnosed with prostatitis. Even with no sign of an infection drs put them on antibiotics for months.