1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Built-up stress and anxiety

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by mugwump, Aug 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

We may experience stress, anxiety, fear, sadness, and loneliness as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Mental illnesses, such as anxiety and depression, can deteriorate. When compared to surveys conducted prior to the pandemic, surveys show a significant increase in the number of U.S. adults reporting symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression during the pandemic. Some people have increased their alcohol or drug consumption in the hopes of coping with their fears about the pandemic. In reality, these drugs can exacerbate anxiety and depression. If people with substance use disorders get COVID-19, their outcomes are likely to be worse, especially if they are addicted to tobacco or opioids. This is because these addictions can impair lung function and weaken the immune system, leading to chronic diseases like heart disease and lung disease, which raise the risk of serious COVID-19 complications.

2. fewjoram

fewjoram Peer Supporter

Do not worry about this Covid-19 thing, if you do, you will just add up to the rising number of people with mental health issues. Live your life normally with all the freedom that we have. Think positively so that you will not attract negative ones including this greatest hoax.

3. mugwump

Covid-19 is a thing to be taken seriously; however, the high survivability rate of 99% is something that made it not to worry about. Though many people feel the other way around, we can't avoid the fact that leads to the rising Mental health issues brought about by this Covid-19 pandemic.

4. mugwump

To add, the restrictions placed by the government and all its mandates also contribute to this. People are already tired of this pandemic and it's just getting worse.

5. fewjoram

fewjoram Peer Supporter

That is really true. All this fake virus and their restrictions limit our freedom!

6. Maryhelen

Maryhelen Newcomer

Hello everyone. I have been creating videos on my youtube channel for mediation, relaxation, sleep sounds, rain sounds, affirmations, motivation, self care, self love and self healing. I created the channel last year and started learning how to edit videos. I have been going out taking videos of nature and uploading it on youtube. I have been meditating, relaxing, and doing the affirmations daily which is very powerful for self healing. I am not saying the video is the cure but daily exercise using the videos helped me a lot to overcome stress, anxiety, depression, cleanse negative energy, sleep better, clearing negative thoughts. I also have some affiliate links if you are interested to help with meditation, money making ideas, and weight loss. The videos are very inspirational and motivational. Here is one of the videos. If you like the video, please like share, subscribe and comment to grow my channel. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

7. Maryhelen

Maryhelen Newcomer

I believe
    I believe in this post. I see a lot at my work, the stores, and on the road in which this COVID has affected a lot of peoples lives. Prayers for everyone. Meditation, Affirmations, Relaxations really helps. Write down things that are toxic and tear it all up. Then write down your goals. You could ask around for help because there are a lot who are willing to help. I believe in ask and you shall receive and seek and you shall find. Lastly, surrender all pain, suffering, stress, and anything negative to God. Ask him and trust in him. Prayers for all for healing.

8. JesseA

JesseA Newcomer

Of course. These days it is very common. My daughter is only 13 and she is very depressed all the time. Covid 19 has affected out lives for sure and coping up with this is not easy. However, lately I heard about there are some remedies for anxiety, depression and stress. The use of some therapeutical herbs and spices can actually help you get rid of all these. I was told to follow iahas.com by a friend for some great remedies and recipes that are full of goodness of Ayurveda and I am going to try them.

9. healthpack09

healthpack09 Newcomer

Such solid advice! Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you handle it :)