1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Burning mouth pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Karim, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

I called the maxilofacial surgeon he told me my pain can be neurological to go see a neurologist. Is this causes by structural stuff or can it be emotional?

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Burning mouth pain absolutely can be - and often is - TMS/the mind-body connection. Karim, I know you’ve dealt with other TMS symptoms in the past. While I am not a doctor and cannot diagnose anyone, I do strongly suspect this may be another manifestation of TMS for you. This is super common and referred to as the symptom imperative, which means your symptoms are shifting because you haven’t fully addressed all of your emotional needs: https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/The_symptom_imperative (The symptom imperative)

How do you manage stress and daily emotions? What makes you happy? How are the other symptoms you’ve previously experienced? Do you truly believe and understand they were only TMS and not structural?

3. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

I need my wisdom teeth to be taken out that’s why I am doubtful and my mouth pain is only on one side it doesn’t shift. If it doesn’t shift does it mean is not tms? What makes me happy I started having tms pains since 2009 after a car accident boom crps. After that I met. My ex on 2016 I had cpps then healed she left me and boom dizziness. Then after a year she came back cause some dude she met abuse her and she started remembering how good I was. And after that I had couple of wisdom teeth infections and then this burning mouth stuff and pain in the back of the tongue some acid reflux. What makes me happy is being able to do stuff without pain being able to love and b3ing love back . Oil painting I am a artist . I am afraid of wisdom tooth surgery. Super panick about it

4. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

Dorado I really appreciate u taking ur time