1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bursitis and frozen shoulder

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Timbercat, May 4, 2018.

1. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

So my latest afflictions are frozen L shoulder since late January and R hip bursitis since early April. This on top of the original problem of low back pain and R foot pain. Contrary to TMS healing, I have been getting PT for my shoulder for 8 weeks. It is moving slightly better but the pain is still quite bad. I am on a home PT program for my hip. Ortho has done xrays of both and has offered steroid injections which up to now, I have declined. The shoulder pain is bad enough but the hip pain surpasses it and makes it hard to walk and climb stairs. Needless to say my activity level has decreases again, and we all know what happens when you are sedentary and cannot do even the few things you might enjoy. I am waiting to hear from Dr Schubiner - The Pain Psychology Center put me in touch with him. He very kindly agreed to review a couple of my medical records - unrelated to the 2 above problems which happenec after I contacted him. Anyway, just trying to steady myself through this terrible time again. I see ortho for follow up next week. I know he will offer the steroid injection again. I am tempted to try it for my hip...so fatigued from all this pain. I would go to a witch doctor for some relief. Please send me your thoughts. Today is my birthday! Thanks.

2. Paigeee

Paigeee Peer Supporter

First off, happy birthday!

Secondly, it's really great that you're going to hear from Dr. Schubiner, but in the meantime I have a few relaxation tips that could help with your pain. TMS loves fear and anxiety--that's what keeps it going and makes it thrive. Even though you're in a lot of pain, I would suggest getting in a comfortable position (whatever that may be for you), and really try and focus on some deep breathing. Filling your lungs with air, and slowly letting it out. Another thing--visualize yourself well and moving around completely comfortable--zero pain. Your pain is only temporary, even if it feels like it won't go away. It will!

3. Timbercat

4. Timbercat

Paigee
    Thanks for your reply. I am just trying to apply what I have learned about TMS, but this time it's so hard to believe the pain will get better. The hip pain is so bad that it's causing all kinds of back and leg muscle spasms, limping and just complete limitations on mobility. I hope I hear from Dr Schubiner soon; of course, I don't know how long it might take to get an appt with him. What a mess my life is right now. I appreciate hearing from you. Thank you again.

5. chopper72

chopper72 New Member

I would love to hear where you are now. I'm rooting for you.