1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic fatigue syndrome (Cfs) relapse/flare up

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by samuelp180, Jun 15, 2020.

1. samuelp180

samuelp180 Peer Supporter

Hi, I started doing this emotional work by doing dr shubiners program of unlearn your pain. I was starting to feel much better but then out of no where, BOOM. I am back to square 1. Many people think chronic fatigue syndrome is just being tired. It’s so much more. Sore throat achy muscles. Feels like I have the flu. Still doing more emotional work. Sometimes when I’m writing about something sad, tears will come out of my eyes but I don’t feel sad. Is there anything else that can help me or any other books I should read. I am almost finished reading the divided mind by dr john Sarno. And then I’m going to read think away your pain.
    -just looking for some input hope you all are doing well.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Samuel, you don’t say how long you have been working on your CFS, but I cannot help but wonder about the many ways the pandemic is affecting our lives, and if that may have tripped you up. I’m definitely being affected physically as my mind stuffs what is going on with my life. TMS healing isn’t always a straight line of improvement either and this could just be some of the normal three steps forward and a couple back. Either way, or something else, keep on with the plan you’re doing and I think you will continue improving. I’m having some pain, but I’m okay and so are you! Lizzy

ssxl4000 and TG957 like this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

@samuelp180 , it is not uncommon for the healing process to go, like @Lizzy said, three steps forward, two steps back. Sarno calls it extinction bursts. When I was recovering from CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), I started doing better for couple months, then was hit by fibromyalgia symptoms. I never bothered to have it formally diagnosed, but it clearly matched the list from Mayo Clinic web site, muscle pain throughout the body, fatigue, mental fog. It went on for several months, then went away as I kept my emotional work and meditation practice.

4. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello samuelp180, I also suffered from CFS, and found TMS/MBS through an article Dr. Schubiner wrote about linking the two. I put the link below. It's great reading to keep you motivated in your healing. As the previous posters said, the ups and downs of recovery are normal. Allen Gordon, who has a treatment program here, has a good post about it (also below). My CFS symptoms have pretty much been gone for over a year, but they somewhat flared back up when the lockdown started in my state. Any stress can trigger the brain to bring symptoms back or start new ones. It's annoying, but a normal part of healing, and a sign you are doing a good job.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unlearn-your-pain/201606/explaining-the-unexplainable-chronic-fatigue-syndrome (Explaining the Unexplainable: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/day-19-extinction-bursts.16651/ (New Program - Day 19: Extinction Bursts)

Pippin74 and samuelp180 like this.