1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic fatigue?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by savasana, Dec 4, 2018.

1. savasana

savasana Peer Supporter

Hi there,

I'm wondering if fatigue is TMS!

Lately I've been very, very aware of just how tired I get sometimes. I get 8 hours of sleep a night and sometimes more on the weekends, and yet I find myself EXHAUSTED a lot of the time. On the weekend, I've noticed it can be incredibly hard to get out of bed sometimes and during the day at work I can get very fatigued and really just want to go lay down.

In the past, I've experienced extreme exhaustion when I had low thyroid, where I couldn't get through the day without sleeping, and it's not as bad as that, but it does seem to interfere with my life. It makes it hard to have energy for intimacy with my husband, who I love more than anything, at the very end of the day when I'm just SO damn TIRED! My work day including commute is 12 hours, and I work 5 days a week, along with the responsibilities of homeownership and marriage. When I'm not working, every minute I'm doing some home improvement project on the house, exercising, or devoting time to my marriage, all of which I absolutely love; and dont get me wrong, I have a beautiful life, but it's hard work!!!

I think my subconscious is telling me to slow down, but I don't want to slow down...? However I do fear what will happen if I don't listen to this message... any thoughts? Can anyone relate? How can one balance everything?

Thanks,
    Savasana

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes - I think fatigue can be tms.... I had 22 years of fibromyalgia (so called) looking back - if I had been able to see the stress I was under rather than just piling everything on myself and not understanding how the anger and anxiety from childhood had then been built up on - like a giant Jenga tower.... I could of saved myself sooooo much pain and fatigue etc.
    Take it as a warning and look at your life. Maybe you could reduce your commute - or work hours? We often juggle so many balls - but when it comes down to it - why? Do we really need that bigger house, more rooms, a 'better' car? How about a simpler life - more time to spend together? less space to clean/decorate?
    Personally my hubby and I came to realise that we had spent years building our house, working long hours - and now is payback time - we have rented out the house, we live in my craft room (posh name for a shed!) and now we spend half our time working and the rest of the time travelling - we cycle on adventures, house sit for people in lovely houses, or go off in our campervan... it suits us.
    You need to find the balance in your life that allows you to live fully and happily..... this might take some soul searching and some time to consider different ways of living and/or working.... But as far as we know (for sure!) we have but one life - it would be a shame to waste it!! good luck!

3. Marls

Marls Well known member

Don’t forget that if you get too fatigued your immune system may weaken and poor health may follow and you may not be able to care about your husband, your home, your job - all the things you mention as being important. Please remember you are the most important person in your life and if your gut tells you to slow up a little then join the library and buy some delicious tea bags. Spoil yourself - go on.

hecate105 likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle