1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic Pain and Mindfulness Study Seeking Participants

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ruthie18, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Ruthie18

Ruthie18 Newcomer

Greetings,

I am working with a research team from the University of Utah's Center on Mindfulness and Integrative Health Intervention Development center (C-MIIND). Our research has found mindfulness can help people better manage chronic pain. Now, we are conducting a new research study, with funding from the National Institutes of Health, to identify which style of mindfulness practice provides the greatest pain relief. In this study, we are offering four free, mindfulness trainings to people who are currently managing their chronic pain with prescription opioids. Mindfulness trainings will occur once a week through Zoom. Each training session will last about half an hour and training times will be flexible. Study participants will be asked to complete survey information before and after their mindfulness training and will receive up to $150 in Amazon gift cards if they complete all study procedures.

Are you in pain? Do you know someone in pain? Are you a clinician with clients in pain? Would you be interested in participating or in helping direct individuals in need of pain relief our way?

Attached are a study flyer and a document with additional study information. If you would be interested in hearing more about the study, myself, or the Principle Investigator, Dr. Adam Hanley, I would be happy to set up a zoom meeting or phone call. Also, if you can think of any clinics or clinicians in your area who might be interested in sharing this information with their patients, please let me know.

For even more study information, check out the website: https://socialwork.utah.edu/research/c-miind/get-involved/mindful-pain-management.php (Mindful Pain Management - College of Social Work - The University of Utah)

Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions through email (research@mindfultranscendence.com) or by phone (‪801-477-6617‬).

Attached Files:

Cap'n Spanky likes this.