1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

coccydynia' How to move on?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Chen, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Chen

Chen New Member

My name is Chen and I'm 40 years old

I'm sorry for my poor English.

Almost 2 years ago I started having pain in my tail bone (the coccyx)

I've went to all the doctors' had physiotherapy, acupuncture, prolotherapy, exe. I did x ray, CT, MRI. Found nothing

Nothing helped

About 6 month ago I read "The MindBody preseption", and alsoread "The Great Pain Deception".

I made lists of things from mu childhood, strass in my live and my character (always care what people thing about me' trying not to annoy any one)

I'm still having pain

I must say that this last year was very hard, my mother was very ill and after a lot of suffering she died 4 month ago.

I'll appreciate any advice how to move on

Tennis Tom likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Chen. Welcome to this web site. It will help you to be well again.

You know from reading Sarno and Ozanich that because physical-medical treatments have not relieved or stopped your pain, that it is not structural but from TMS, repressed emotions. You write that you have always been a "goodist" person, wanting to be liked by everyone all the time, and that is a ty pical cause of TMS pain like your tail bone pain.

I encourage you to start the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site, which will help you to discover any other emotions besides "goodism" which are most likely causing your pain. You also were under a lot of emotional stress because of your mother's illness and death. That alone can cause pain to you. Take a look at the SEProgram and read the comments by those taking it and the replies from others who have found it to be very helpful to them. Keep positive and follow the SEPprogram, believe 100 percent in TMS, and you will be happier and healthier than ever before.

Dr. S arno writes about his 12 Daily Reminders. A longer version was written by one of our most loyal TMS members, Herbie, which it very helpful.

Herbie’s Extended Version of Dr. Sarno’s 12 DAILY REMINDERS

1. The pain is due to TMS. This is real pain or anxiety but it is caused by subconscious tensions and triggers, stressors and traits to your reactions and fears and also when at boiling point your conscious tension can and does also cause real pain.
    2. The main reason for the pain is mild oxygen deprivation. This means that when you get in pain or anxiety then the blood is restricted from going to your lower back, for instance. The blood being restricted causes oxygen deprivation which causes the pain. Remember, where there is no oxygen then there is pain in the body. Also, the pain stays because of fear.
    3. TMS is a harmless condition caused by my REPRESSED EMOTIONS so even though you think you can harm yourself from the years of pain you have felt and how you feel in general -- so far no reports have been heard from TMS healing knowledge causing damage to anyone, it only helps.
    4. The principle emotion is your repressed ANGER -- this means under your consciousness lies something that happens automatically to everyone. TMSers have repressions that are stored because of our personality traits, traumas, stressors, fears, strain, etc... When these stored repressions build and build, then eventually they cause the brain to send pain into your body to keep you from having an emotional crises. The mind-body thinks it is helping you.
    5. TMS exists to DISTRACT your attentions from the emotions, stressors, tensions and strains of your personality traits because if you can get distraction then you won’t have to be in emotional turmoil. When you don't face and feel your emotions and they get repressed because you didn't want to deal with something -- they are just adding up in this beaker, ready to pour over and create real pain and anxiety in your body.
    6. Since my body is perfectly normal, there is nothing to fear. So in reality when I fear the pain or anxiety I just cause myself undo strain and tension adding to the beaker of pain. If I fear, then I feed the pain, If I fear, it’s impossible to recondition. Fear keeps the pain and anxiety alive in the body through focus.
    7. Therefore, physical activity is harmless. If I want to work against the pain I could but it’s better to lose some of the pain so when I start my life over I have to be in pain trying to heal because facing the repressions and all the other activities that cause the pain and reversing my fear and focus to them, then I can heal.
    8. I am resuming all normal physical activity. I don't fear moving anymore. I believe in my body’s ability to heal now. I can move as I want. I will not fear moving with a bent back anymore. I will also practice going out and acting normal again, not in fear of what pain might do to me.
    9. The pain is unimportant and powerless. Its only power is how it is hidden -- its illusion, its fear.
    10. I will keep my attention on the emotional issues. I will think about my emotions and feel my emotions throughout the day. I will not judge, criticize or fear my emotions. I will not run from my emotional issues but face every one of them. I will feel my emotions fully and cry if I need to. Then I will release the emotion and get my mind and thoughts back to my life and living in the present.
    11. I am in control of all of this. This is how I recover.
    12. I will be thinking PSYCHOLOGICALLY AT ALL TIMES. This means I will keep my thoughts on psychological issues like happiness, fear and anger -- traits and triggers, conditioning and journaling -- The science behind mind-body/TMS healing, etc.... This way I will not feed my thoughts to the body -- that is a trick of TMS. TMS will always try to get me to focus on the body caused by the pain until I break its show and flair. When I get my attention off physical symptoms and on to emotional issues and psychological issues then I will not feed the fear of the physical issues anymore, thus making the TMS of no pain effect on the body. This will in return, give us the cure and become pain-free.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  3. Chen

Chen New Member

Thank you very much!
    I'll try the program.
    The question is what to do wail I'm having pain, which I have every time I'm sitting

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome Chen, your communications are excellent, no worries there! I got to go play tennis now and I'll get back to you later, but Dr. Sarno says : "YOU CAN'T HURT YOURSELF SITTING IN A CHAIR!"

Cheers,
    tt/lsmft

5. Chen

Chen New Member

I hope so!

Enjoy your tennis

I've started running 2 month ago' and while running' my tail bone is fine/ in sitting or lying on the other way….

6. Tennis Tom

I had a good morning on the courts, played dubs partnering with another old guy. He was out of shape, had NO serve, but had really good hands in the forecourt. We beat a couple of young guys who were in "good" shape two straight sets. There's more to tennis then mobility, doubles was invented for guys like me. I walk out to the court with a cane, that gets into their heads early, after a couple of games they don't hit the ball to me if they can help it--fun and games--after about two hours, my hip is all warmed up and I'm ready for a nap.

Back to you Chen, if you can run without pain it makes NO sense that you are in pain while sitting or lying. When you're running you are experiencing a positive distraction that builds up your self-confidence. When sitting or lying you have time to ruminate and need your TMS symptom as a defense mechanism from dealing with the emotional. From your post I see you have the TMS personality to a "T" and had a tough year with your mother passing. The white-coats found nothing wrong so you are free to pursue TMS as the "cure". When you are sitting or lying find positive distractions to banish the pain, or read a TMS book to reinforce and remind you that the pain is benign TMS autonomically emanating from your un-conscious as a PROTECTOR--that's what Dr. Sarno says. You must believe this or the pain will linger. Keep reviewing Dr. Sarno's 12 Daily Reminders. Stop wasting money on snake-oyl treatments like prolo, chiro and accu.--been there, done that, spent THOUSANDS that I wish I had back and could buy a Ferrari with (a Mondial or a Californian). Those rituals will give you only a short respite from the battle-field of pain. If you want some treatment to level out your rage-soothe ratio, spend your money on a massage or a mani-pedi, you'll get more bang for your buck. When your conscious over-rides your un-conscious in the belief that it's TMS and that you can feel your emotions rather then repress and suppress them the pain will fade and you'll find yourself pursuing positive distractions instead of sitting and lying ruminating on your pain. Keep reading TMS books until your un-c is brainwashed by the TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN. Look at the Rahe-Holmes list in the link for the scientific proof that TMS detractors don't acknowledge for psychosomatic dis-ease. Life events like your mother's passing are on the list creating TMS symptoms:

THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS SCALE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

Chen likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Tom. How great that you are playing tennis again. It must be a big psychological boost for you. I used to play tennis morning and again after work. Never was any good, but loved it. A cold beer or a warm manhattan afterward went down easy. Walking onto the court with a cane is very funny.
    Next time, try it with a walker and see what they say! I'm 85 and keep active. Today I shoveled 2 inches of new snow off my driveway and front walk. Not bad for an 85 year old geezer. I didn't lift the snow... it was light so I pushed it away with the shovel. No lifting heavy wet snow for me!

Chen and Tennis Tom like this.
  8. Chen

Chen New Member

Tom thank you so much for your answer

I'm thinking about what you wrote, that it makes no sense that I have no pain while running and have pain while sitting, I always thought that that's because in sitting all the weight is on my tail bone.

I sit on the side or in wired angels not to have pain

In the car I sit on a pillow' I've tried to stop use it but the pain was horrible

My pain started while we had a big renovation in our house. My mother death was a year after.

I think my problem is that I have it all in theory but while it hearts all I think about is the pain

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    Tennis Tom likes this.
  9. Tennis Tom

Yes, you're getting it Chen! Let it sink in, sleep on it and it will fade. When you feel the pain, think psychological. If that doesn't help, read some more Sarno.

"Pity me that the heart is slow to learn
    What the swift mind beholds at every turn."

Edna St. Vincent Millay, by way of Dr. Sarno

10. Chen

Chen New Member

My only dout is that I first read sarno so many month ago... And saw a lot off success stories on the YouTube. And nothing...

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Chen. Tom is right in his reply to keep believing in TMS. It takes longer to heal for some than others, and total belief in TMS worked for me and many others. Your pain starting during that house renovation and your mother's death indicate to me that it is proof that your pains are not structural but emotional. I hope the stress of the renovation is over, and regarding the loss of your mother, try to keep focused on the good times you shared and
    also that she has gone from this world and its pains and sorrows. Thinking of her being free of them can help make you free of them, too. God is good
    and He loves you.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  12. Chen

Chen New Member

Thank you WALT

I know she suffered a lot (I dream about her a lot) and now she is free but we were very close and I miss her so much

13. Chen

Chen New Member

Another question

There is only on TMS book that was translate to my language (Hebrew).

Is is "the mind body prescription)

it really hard for me to read English but possible

If you can recommend to me on one book to read' what would it be?

14. Tennis Tom

Chen, if you're in Israel, here are several TMS practitioners there:

Israel, Jerusalem

Mordechai Levenstein, M.D. email: mor-mevaseret@clalit.org.il

Shoshannah Sarah, Certified Psychotherapist and Educator email: TherapyThatHeals@yahoo.com
    Phone: from Israel: 0524 65 75 70, Outside of Israel:+972 524 65 75 70

15. Tennis Tom

Any one of the Good Doctor's books conveys the very simple message that TMS pain is psychosomatic. The hard part is wrapping your unconscious around it. You can read the same book over until you get the theory. Reading more TMS books will not reveal any "secrets" to healing, just keep you from getting bored reading the same book over again.

Nice challah BTW.

Shalom,
    tt

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Chen likes this.
  16. Chen

Chen New Member

Thank you!
    Tom you are great.
    I did not know that there are any TMS doctores in Israel!
    Thank you so much!

Tennis Tom likes this.
  17. Y's mom

Y's mom Newcomer

Chen, I'm desperately looking for a TMS doctor in Israel. Were you able to reach Dr. Levenstein or anyone else? That email address doesn't seem to exist.

18. Boromir

Boromir Newcomer

Y’s Mom and Chen, as someone who cured her severe and disabling knee pain with TMS, I can tell you that you can do this by yourself. A TMS doctor can give support and validation, but in the end it is up to you. Usually just reading one or two of Dr. Sarno’s books will start you on the road to recovery. Chen, this is worth learning English for as you will use Dr. Sarno’s books for the rest of your life when TMS pops up again. For me it came again recently in the form of tailbone pain. I was anxious about it but then realized it must be TMS and I therefore know it will go away. I also live in Israel. I learned Hebrew (and French, through home study), you can do it as well. I see that your posts were written a while back; I hope that you both are better now. P.S. beautiful Hallah, Chen! My husband does the Hallah baking at our house:). הישאר כוח!