1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Complete loss of appetite

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Bun, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bun

Bun Newcomer

Hi everyone. Just wondering if complete loss of appetite (been a couple of years now and getting worse) could be a sign of TMS? I think I have got other TMS symptoms e.g. RSI but it's the loss of appetite that I'm wondering about. I have lost a lot of weight and have zero interest in food. I have had a gastroscopy and that has come back okay. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this? Thanks

2. Denarius

Denarius New Member

Hi Bun, how are you doing?
    I get this same thing from time to time. My appetite shuts down, I either lose interest in food or I want to eat, but can't force anything down.
    On occasion, it's caused me to start thinking I have some serious digestive problem and I've had medical tests like urine, blood and scans. They never came up with anything significant. When I conclude that it's TMS and start focusing on other things, it goes away and my usual large appetite (I'm quite active) comes back.

3. fishy

fishy New Member

I have been experiencing this for the past year. I don't have gastric issues, just no appetite. I was overweight when it started, but 50 lbs later I am no longer. I am just trying not to worry about it and trust my body to do what it needs to do with regards to food. I am kind of suspecting that food was a coping strategy that I no longer need.
    It really freaked me out for a long time though.....
    I hope you feel better soon!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020