1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Continued pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by rcal43, May 12, 2021.

1. rcal43

rcal43 New Member

Hi, I have been working with TMS treatments since 2014. Initially, I found some relief, ~50% reduction in pain (lower back) after reading all the books, looking at materials on this site, seeing Dr. Rashbaum (confirmed TMS), seeing a therapist and journaling, took about 3 months. I am now back to where I started. I have re-read all the books, read other online sources, seen Dr. Rashbaum again (still TMS) and been journaling. I have moved and changed jobs, I am no longer near the old therapist and I can't currently afford one that doesn't take a least some insurance. (if you know of one anywhere in the USA I will do Zoom).

I am very discouraged and upset with myself for not fully committing and making some progress that I can seize and can use to boost my belief in the diagnosis. I don't know what more I can do to drum it into my head. I keep having nibbling doubts it's not TMS that I think undermine any progress.

Has anyone dealt with this successfully? Any suggestions?

Happy to provide more details if helpful.
    Thank you for your help, Ryan

2. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

I am so sorry you are going trough this.

I am new to this and have hopes for my 21 year old back pain... i feel personally my fear of the pain is huge and the fact that I am not completely convinced it is only tms ( lots of it of course) is definitely a block. I think one thing that helps is reminding oneself that structural injuries do heal with time.
    I think that the therapist who does podcasts here Alan Gordon has a center where they take skype patients.
    Wishing you to find what does your brain is trying to hide you from and get pain free again ++

3. rcal43

rcal43 New Member

Thank you Zuz, I will check out Alan. Best of luck to you too!

Zuz likes this.
  4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Rcal,

The solution is to work on it at a subconscious level.

Why?

Because that’s where our repressed anger and rage as well as conditioned response reside. Once you work at that level you will see immediate effects and lasting ones.

Certainly, journaling and other modalities on the conscious level can help, but they can take weeks and months to affect the subconscious level.

What I did for my recovery was to use strategies applied by Olympic athletes to communicate with the subconscious mind to achieve peak performance and developed a very effective step-by-step rapid recovery plan.

It is very simple and logical. I explain it in this interview and highly recommend taking notes and design your own rapid recovery plan.