1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Back Pain etc

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cactusflower, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I’m trying the structured program because I still feel I am held back from progress.
    Fear, pain, fear of pain, anxiety are still present.
    I have filled out several “do I have TMS” questionnaires (most scores are maybe), see a TMS therapist, journal daily, meditate daily and have bern getting back to doing more and more ( had been just laying around), plus see a physical therapist.
    Do I believe I have TMS? Yes, I do. I also think that anxiety and muscle tension have made things (so far) difficult for me to feel improvements at this time purely with TMS approach. Keeping my mind open to be flexible.
    Since incorporating a TMS mindset and education, activities I have seen some very slow improvements - a little with pain but mostly my attitude, mood and attempted reactions ( or lack there of) to pain. Today is not a great day, but I’ve had a few better ones!
    I recognize that I did not realize I’ve had long term anxiety, now realize I fear getting angry, blame myself for my current situation and much more. Working on it all. Had to quit “work” for a month ( volunteer job) to manage stress and anxiety but I volunteer from home so back doing it again and thinking more about moving forward instead of backwards or staying stuck.
    The process is hard, I am hoping it is rewarding!

MendingMindBody likes this.