1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 = Weightlifter

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LindenSwole, Mar 7, 2018.

1. LindenSwole

LindenSwole Peer Supporter

My pain really set off in August of 2016. It began with knee tendinitis, then sciatica, then back, then neck AND back (rarely at the same time).

I did the Rounds with doctors; saw 25 medical professionals over the next 10 months and spent probably around $10,000 out of pocket for imaging and treatments.

I stopped weightlifting and CrossFit entirely in January of 2017 and said “Until I find the doctor to fix this, I’m not lifting anymore.” Five months later I met Dr. Kim Harmon at University of Washington. Though not a TMS doctor nor had she heard of Sarno when I emailed her a couple of months later, she advised I stop chasing the physical realm and focus on the stressors in my life.

A month later I read Healing Back Pain and went back to full activity right away without holding or looking back.

From July on I have read many books and have gotten a massive chunk of my pain and issues to leave but there still is a lot of tightness and pain. I am here to obliterate this.

At this point I have 100% confidence in TMS as the cause. I have so much knowledge of the anatomy which has probably made acceptance at the subconscious level tougher but I have ZERO doubt about what is going on.

Happy to be here!

JanAtheCPA likes this.