1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by bebe6, Feb 22, 2021.

1. bebe6

bebe6 Newcomer

I am so hopeful and encouraged by hearing people's stories of healing. Its been a week since I came across TMS and really started to explore and believe that this is what I am dealing with. I have a lot of fear surrounding my pain and a lot of dramatic health issues throughout my life, starting with a traumatic brain injury at the age of 10. Imaging a life without chronic pain is a big step. I want so badly to believe 100% that I will get to that place, but I have a protective level of doubt so I don't get disappointed again. I have already seen progress which is so encouraging. I have also felt the return of pain and the discouraging and frustrating feelings that come with that. I am worried that I won't be able to do this on my own.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi bebe6, and Welcome!

Your doubts are understandable. So is your progress!:)

For most folks the path with TMS recovery is not a straight line. It is helpful to remember your improvements, perhaps write them down and read them once a day. The many days this program entails means that you'll go slowly, and patiently. The information takes a while to go deep. I think it is already starting for you.

As I read this, I feel compassion for you, and your history of pain and disappointments. I hope you find this compassion for yourself too.

Keep posting responses and ask questions. And good luck in your journey.

Andy