1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by evlar, Jul 15, 2021.

1. evlar

evlar New Member

Hello,

I'm Elliot. I don't have 'pain' as such. I suffer from intermittent bouts of:

Fatigue
    Brain fog
    Mouth ulcers (canker sores)
    Mouth/tongue pain

My main concern/difficulty with acceptance is that this wiki and the recovery program are focusing on the chronic pain. I've read in the Mindbody prescription and elsewhere that these TMS equivalents can be healed in the same way. I hope so!

My symptoms tend to come a couple of dtimes a month, for up to a week or more. They don't seem to be precipitated by any specific thing.

I believe in this process. I'm not skeptical about Sarno or the efficacy because I trust the person that recommended it.

My concern is that simply my symptoms are too different from regular TMS!

And my other concern is... Is the recovery process the same? Do I just insert fatigue/brain fog/mouth pain where I ready 'back pain'?

----

What a life free of fatigue etc would mean to me?

Freedom.
    Peace.
    Safety - no fear of random relapses
    Confidence - I could take on my career as a coach and future family without worrying that I am broken in some unhealable way
    Authenticity: helping others as I have been helped, without fear.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum!

Many of us have had TMS equivalents, sometimes mixed with pain, and have recovered using TMS methods. The recovery process is the same.

You are not broken "in some unhealable way", Elliot. You're in the right place and you can heal. Just keep doing the SEP and asking any questions you have along the way. We are all here to support one another.

3. evlar

evlar New Member

Elen... Thank you so much.YYour reply really means a lot.

Elliot