1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Húrin, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Húrin

Húrin New Member

Hello,

Here I am, day one. You can say I am a believer in TMS since I've managed to heal from chronic tendonitis in both wrists that made me disabled for a very long time just by reading doctor Sarno's books. I've also got rid of a persistent knee pain. I have enjoyed a period of calm until acid reflux started to bother me 6 months ago. Pills stopped working after some time even strong dosages so I have quitted them. I have enjoyed a week or so nearly without symptoms that lifted my spirits up but they came back more strong stressing me and worrying me again. I did read that in cases of back pain that it is not structural issue and that key to recovery is resuming a normal activity since you can't damage your back. The case with acid reflux is that it actually damages your esophagus. So there is a a bug in my head. I have read Alan Gordon’s TMS Recovery Program and using some of techniques there considering self compassion and addressing an "inner bully" with mindfulness meditation when I start to worry over symptoms. I know it will take time to resolve this I am on day 1 after all and I know the only way for me to go now is forward. I've also became a bit aware of my feelings. Mostly there is tension in me even there is no reason for me to be tense and my thoughts are racing at lightspeed mostly worrying about symptoms.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You said mindfulness right, so make sure to get good at your mindfulness meditations and your breathing.
    Don't focus on the esophagus except to make sure to visualize your throat looking super and healed.
    Also make sure to get out and enjoy the sun. Welcome aboard Hurin.
    Bless you

3. Húrin

Húrin New Member

Thank you Eric for you advice :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Angelina B

Angelina B New Member

Hi Hurin,

Have you had any success with your GERD? I've been dealing with mine for years, and although I can rid myself of at least 10 other TMS manifestations, this GERD isn't going anywhere and that greatly concerns me since I was just diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus.