1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jamie, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Jamie

Jamie New Member

At the beginning of this year, I declared that I would cure my headaches once and for all. I've had a headache every single day since I was a little girl (sometimes minor, sometimes severe). I've seen many doctors and was diagnosed with Lupus about 6 years ago. Now, every doctor I see blames my symptoms on Lupus.... I do not. Quite frankly, I don't really believe that I have it but it's hard to argue with them sometimes. I've also had low back pain since my husband and I started trying to conceive but have not been successful. I know this is not a coincidence. My ego wants this process to be quick and wants to "do it right" but my true self knows to be patient. I predict a few conversations between them in the future. This post is my first step in this new process of expressing myself. In the past, I would have judged myself as complaining and annoying. Now, I am courageously sharing myself and openly asking for support. x

Susan likes this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Welcome, Jamie. Headaches were my main TMS symptom too, but they are mostly gone, and even on days where I feel some mild aching it is not the kind of thing that consumes me like it used to.

3. Michael Reinvented

Michael Reinvented Peer Supporter

You've got it Jamie.

Keep posting, as honestly and often as you like. You are not alone.

4. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

Hi Jamie. Welcome to our group.

I have had a headache pretty much every day for the past 18 1/2 years, so I can definitely relate. Mine started after a car accident where I sustained a slight "whiplash" injury. When my headaches continued, I was told, "whiplash injuries can haunt you for years." Now I know that is hogwash!

I'm glad that you found us! :)

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

hi Jamie. Happy you are expressing yourself and looking for support.

healing takes as long as it takes!