1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10: how it's going

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Mar 26, 2021.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

Hey,

It's going! Treatment is going fine- pain staying stagnant at one spot but then multiplying into other spots. I'd say right now I am at a 70% belief in TMS. I healed my toe through prayer and active studying on scripture in the Word and it went through an 85% improvement. But since it was spurred on by an 'injury' the persistent fears that I'll hurt myself in activity persist. I believe that TMS is in my knee though- I think the thing that makes me doubt is the pain and the fear it induces in me. My toe is better, but I am still perpetually worrying about it, even if it is fine, and my brain habitually expects pain before exercise. My knee is just hard to believe because of the pain, and the scary MRIs.

Journalling has been really good.

Pairing this with the multimedia program has been good.

I hadn't realized I didn't know that it is fear about the pain that perpetuates the pain and not the pain directly. I've started incorportaing outcome independence into my self talk. Previously my goal was to get rid of pain; now I'm like, let's see how little we can care?

So in summary main doubts come from crazy MRIs and pain as a result of conditioning- I do activity A it causes pain C. Delinking pain from activity is hard in not supporting 'this is structural'

JanAtheCPA likes this.