1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Laughter Day 12 Replacement Knee Surgery

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by andy64tms, Nov 24, 2014.

1. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

My wife just had replacement knee surgery, and in her pain was extremely annoyed with every ones well meaning advice encouraging her to get up and walk too early. I wrote this to cheer her up and sent it to her surgeon.

Journal: Sheila Burton
    Day 12 Knee Replacement Surgery:
    Today Sheila completely ignored her surgeon’s orders, donned her sneakers and went for a jog. In my surprise I called Dr Klapper thinking he might be concerned. He said it was a: “Bloody Miracle” and could he use her in a movie?

Hi doc, this made her laugh for the first time, Shelia is doing well.

Regards and Thanks

Andrew

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Just goes to show you, doctors don't always know best.
    I think your wife did the right thing... when she felt she could, after her knee surgery, she put on her sneakers and went jogging.
    To her doctor it was a "Bloody Miracle," but to her it was just doing what came natural.

Did she make the bed before she went jogging?

3. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Hi Walt,

Thank’s for your comments.

Perhaps I was not as clear as I should have been, for my wife is still bed ridden. With a full knee replacement after 12 days it would be impossible to even walk. She is doing remarkably well and hopes to walk without a walker on Christmas day to my son’s house for dinner. In this case the surgeon is a hero, and since she has had others that are not that is why she endured severe pain for 10 years. I did a post on the TMS Help forum called “Replacement Knee Surgery TMS Observations” which helped me get through the days following the surgery. All in all the whole experience was very difficult, as I watch my loving wife suffer the deepest pain I have ever seen.

Andy

PS my son has black lab like yours called Cooper