1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Day 16

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Oct 27, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I have told two people who are suffering about this program and Sarno's books. While enthused when they hear about it, I haven't seen them jump into the program. I have to remember that when someone gave me Sarno's book several months ago, I was not ready to believe that I could have some control over TMS or that I had TMS. It wasn't until I was absolutely sure there was no structural abnormality that I could change my belief system about it.
    I have to educate my loved ones around me because they are conditioned to protect me and support me in my former limitations. It is taking them some time to get used to this new frameword.
    An uplifting note is I went to a halloween party last night and was able to get through 90% of the party without experiencing pain. It is sooooooo Awesome!!!! I programmed myself before the party - visualized sitting in the chairs and moving around without pain - told my subconscious that I had intentionally done a long bike ride so the muscles would be too tired and relaxed to listen to some old message about flaring up. Such freedom!!!

2. Pilot in pain

Pilot in pain Peer Supporter

I take it you had not actually done a bike ride physically? You just thought to yourself that you did was it? It was funny as a year ago pretty much a fwe weeks back I went to the state fair and spent more of my time in agony walking around which is my nemesis. I went again this past year and having read all teh books made it through the whole thing pretty much without having to lie on the ground dying in pain. There are flashes of this out there working for sure.

nowtimecoach likes this.