1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 - Have you done anything that makes you proud?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by birder, Apr 28, 2021.

1. birder

birder Well known member

I can absolutely say yes! Every day I find myself challenging the limitations that I've internalized over the last few years, and suddenly I'm finding myself saying, "I CAN do that!" One trick that is helping me tamp down the fear that inevitably comes up with this is creating a reward system a la Fred Amir. Although food rewards are very motivating to me (my dog and I share that trait), let's just say that over the last year or so I noticed my muffin-top was turning into more of a chocolate souffle-top, so instead I use small cash rewards that I collect in a little bank and can spend on anything I fancy. I have enough now for a new hanging fern - you can't have too many houseplants IMO.
    I'm also proud of myself for taking care of my health proactively, for finding ways to engage with the world, for supporting the birds that I love, and for being ballsy enough to start laying the foundation for Phase 2 of my life. Life is interesting and exciting again.