1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 22 day 22

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Nov 3, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

What part of this program do you find the most helpful?
    I would say there are quite a few parts of this program that are helpful. For today, I am finding accountability being helpful. I've been pulled off-kilter with the craziness that has ensued since my brother in law died. Grief has brought out the worst in family members and I've been watching my personality traits of goodism and people pleasing rise up. I feel compelled to try and help in the drama - when in reality it is not my business and to understand that the affected parties will have to deal with their own karma for resolving or not resolving the relationship issues.
    Knowing that I have a forum to put this in the right perspective is helpful for me. It encourages me to see how these emotional compulsions are underlying the pain flareups.
    Reading other people's posts also help me normalize what I'm going through, offers support to keep on keeping on - knowing that my recovery is slower than ones mentioned in the book and that there are others just like me.
    I was in a lot of pain last night sitting at a social event in the restaurant. I felt like I had completely slipped back to my old way of holding myself, thinking about the pain, being distracted by it. I kept reminding myself that this is temporary, not structural - recognizing that I have a lot on my plate. Just acknowledging that I have a different awareness about it IS a crucial piece of healing for me.
    Thanks for being there everyone!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

nowtimecoach)- Knowing that I have a forum to put this in the right perspective is helpful for me. It encourages me to see how these emotional compulsions are underlying the pain flare-ups.

Eric)- This is so cool nowtimecoach, I couldn't believe when I arrived to Tmswiki and there was a lot of folks that understood me ya know, they knew how to help too. I like knowing how if I have some mental or physical issues I can write it in the forum and then ill have some real wholesome good hearted answers coming my way soon from folks that have been there. Plus you know how to match the pain to emotional compulsions- that's knowledge- this is so cool.

nowtimecoach)- Reading other people's posts also help me normalize what I'm going through,

Eric)- This was such a pivotal point to me in my healing journey, when I read others paths and how they got better doing things like I was doing and vice versa, it was a way to measure the yardstick sort of say, to see if I was measuring up on my part, not that I ever felt a need to but you know how our personality traits are- were competitive beings ya know.

nowtimecoach)- knowing that my recovery is slower than ones mentioned in the book and that there are others just like me.

Eric)- I think most everyone , about 9 outta 10 aren't from the book cures here. Really I thought id seen some in the past but it was just placebo and then they went on to heal a few months later after the knowledge therapy ya know.
    Its more folks like us that have to have all the knowledge and understanding then we begin our hope run and the next thing ya know- well.... you know - soon its the cure.
    See I've said many times that I still get stiff sometimes but I workout very heavy and often the heavy workouts are creating that stiffness- other times no stiffness and sometimes tms stiffness from the 25 yrs. of conditioning but it only stays for like 5 minutes so compared to a while back when I couldn't even get outta bed- id say im doing pretty good. I do have trouble with headaches about every three months now but I almost got that down to a science. In the past id never have a chance at ridding one of those buggers- now its only limited and im on it like black on paint.
    Anyhow yea, its nice knowing there's others like me, I didn't know they existed till I got here- cool.

nowtimecoach)- I was in a lot of pain last night sitting at a social event in the restaurant. I felt like I had completely slipped back to my old way of holding myself, thinking about the pain, being distracted by it. I kept reminding myself that this is temporary, not structural - recognizing that I have a lot on my plate. Just acknowledging that I have a different awareness about it IS a crucial piece of healing for me.Thanks for being there everyone!

Eric)- This part is so cool nowtimecoach cause it shows how you know the rules and how you really do have a grip on it- your doing great and the way you can recognize symptoms and not fall victim to them is a powerful walk already, your doing a remarkable job- keep us posted ok
    Thanks