1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24 Day 24

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Nov 6, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Have you noticed any positive changes in your life while going through this program? If so what role did your TMS/PPD treatment play in it. If not, what areas of your life do you need to make changes?

There have definitely been some positive changes in my life as a result of this program. The fact that I can securely hang my hat on several personality traits has enabled me to choose differently - a choice that doesn't feed the perfectionist, the people pleaser. I'm still in the process of figuring out that I have a choice!! The awareness that the program gives me has brought me closer to the source of back pain.

Yesterday I had myself so tied up with stress because I had a new client and then a class to teach. I wasn't worried about presenting my material. I was worried about the back pain I was ANTICIPATING having. And of course I had the pain! I heard a great quote yesterday that applied to me.
    Anxiety is the Gap between here and the future.
    I feel like I'm a little bit stuck with Noticing and Seeing how I'm creating the pain with my seemingly uncontrollable stress, but not being able to let it go or relax into the reality. But this is why this is a 44 day program. Its a process. I'm in recovery. And I look to our experienced TMS'ers for their optimism and perspective that it all really does get better. Drop the Outcome dependence.
    Again I extend my gratitude for everyone on the forum!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

When you anticipated the pain nowtimecoach you gave it lee way to happen exactly when you didn't want it too
    that's tms, its going to happen so you will have your attention drawn to it ya know.

So we learn how to think about parts of our body that isn't in pain and also to think psychological-
    how to lose the fear and anger toward any of the pain and how to live life on purpose again.

Your doing well - recondition yourself to stop the anticipation and you have a great tool of wisdom.
    Bless you