1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25: How am I doing so far?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by birder, May 4, 2021.

1. birder

birder Well known member

Things are moving and shaking. It's been interesting to say the least, terrifying at times to be honest. But the fear is starting to recede. It's such a conditioned response that I'm used to retreating when I get anxious and uncertain. But instead I'm trying some other things: talking to my brain, comforting it like it's a scared little bunny, yelling at it. I've peeled back a lot of layers when I really believed I'd excavated everything - and now I see I'd hardly scratched the surface. I have a long ways to go. But I'm feeling pretty good about my direction.

2. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Sounds great :)!!
    I am about day 7 and my dreams are intense and keep helping me take out layers of stuff. It’s kind of overwhelming and scary to realize how bad and far my fear has gone for all my life. I had a really good improvement and then a regression that persists and I am basically in pain much more intense all day then before starting. I am praying it’s momentary, kind of an extinction burst.
    Thank you fir saying sometimes you reassure your brain as if it was a bunny, very cute image . I started reassure talk to my brain as apologizing for all the decades of false alarms but was not sure if that was the right thing to do.

I have a goal for the last ten years of my life to end up more fit and pain free as I get older since pain has limited me so much in my twenties and thirties. I look up at eldery people who go running, cycling and I visualize that at 60 I will be more fit than at 25.

birder likes this.