1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 39 Day 39

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Dec 4, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Describe the best day, event, experience you have had since starting this program. What about this experience did you find so meaningful?
    Well I am not sure I would describe this as my best day as I was in pain. But it served up a great example of how TMS works for me. I was scheduled to do a massage on a friend of mine. I used to be a full time massage therapist but now only do it sporadically for friends and when I need to make some extra cash. Well as I was driving to her house, I could feel the TMS acting up. It continued and started roaring during the massage to the point I was in a lot of distracting pain. I completed the massage because I did not want to give the TMS the power to change this.
    When I got home, I knew I had to go for a walk, something to increase the oxygen in my back. On the walk, I was distressed about the pain and just kept repeating -think psychological, not physical. I kept trying to peel the onion of emotions I was feeling (or NOT feeling) I hit upon a core nugget. I was repressing a feeling of "being a loser." At this point in time, I am not producing much income from work and I was angry at myself that I "had" to do a massage to make some cash. This touched that very old self-esteem wound.
    What is remarkable about this is when I allowed the feeling to surface, acknowledge and NOT deny, judge or resist it's existence... just let it come up and BE. Oh my gosh! What a wonderful feeling!!!! It was like I was able to calm a scared little girl with just letting her have those ding dang feelings and poof - I mean POOF - it dissipated. It dissolved. Just like that. The whole thing was very powerful. Very sweet. And it was simple to do. I am happy to say that I'm feeling much better today.

Ellen and Dahlia like this.
  2. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Thank you for sharing this in such detail. Often I am afraid to let powerful feelings come up; it seems like I will be consumed by them. I must remember to let them come up and that they will move on.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  3. surflove

surflove New Member

nowtimecoach- that is a great story of fighting back against TMS and winning. thank you for sharing. and nice work!

nowtimecoach likes this.