1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4, funny doctors' talks

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Xara, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

I an writing just to say how much damage doctors and other people can make to our brain ( besides googling)...
    One orthopedist told me that my herniated disc will worsen over time and I will probably have to have surgery. Otherwise I may even get paralyzed. I write it and I remember my fear to death... The same orthopedist 6 months later told me that there is not something really serious with my neck...
    A physiotherapist told me I had to do brain mri to see if I have multiple sclerosis... I paralyzed from fear. I had to go to 3 nevrologists, have mri and a physiatrist to assure myself that there isn't something wrong... Even now from time to time, I may think it.
    In addition, googling is really very harmful... Whatever symptom you google, you can read every possible rare disease which is not cured. No googling anymore!

hecate105 likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes - i got terrified by Doctors too. I'd see one and they would say there is nothing wrong - go back to work, then another would say 0 you have a muscular disease - maybe MS, rheumatoid arthritis or lupus - it was hopeless!!

3. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

I just read your story. Motivating, touching. The fearful nature... It sounds like me.... Go on. Keep living. Thanks.