1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42 Day 42

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Dec 7, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Wow. I did it! Completed this program...but as I have learned in this program, I need not be surprised because I discovered I've got quite a bit of the perfectionist tendency in me. So if I start a program, especially one that I am motivated about, I will always finish. Before the TMS diagnosis, I never would have seen myself as a perfectionist. But while uncovering the layers, sure enough - under my controlling habits lay the personality trait of being a perfectionist!
    This program has been enlightening and empowering. The support found in the forums made me feel less alone and also safe to talk about what is going on. I also love supporting others on this same path.
    I will continue to be on the forum, read my daily reads supporting TMS recovery and also continue journalling the pressures, anxieties, fears AND celebrations. It helps to get these things out of my mind and on to paper.
    For the last three days I've had flare ups of TMS. I just read this morning about how TMS is a roller coaster ride of hopes and disappointments. When its gone, there is the hope of it never returning again. When it comes back, the disappointment that the process is still working its way through. But there are so many people who offer hope and paint the pain free picture that I always need to hold on to. I am so much better than when i started. I've resumed cycling. I go out for social meals (meaning I am sitting in a chair!) I haven't had to cancel a date because of pain for a long long time. I pick up, bend, twist, dance around without a thought of "this is hurting myself." FREEDOM!! So I'm going to give a nod to the TMS, that my unconscious is trying to feed me another layer of the onion to unpeel, to feel and ultimately to heal.
    Thank you everyone for your love and support!!

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Dahlia like this.
  2. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Great job! So happy for you

nowtimecoach likes this.
  3. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Good going! It's just the beginning of better times for you, believe it!

nowtimecoach likes this.