1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Group Day 8: My original symptom has gone but my skin problems won't stop moving around.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Japanchick, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Japanchick

Japanchick New Member

So, I'm on day 8 and my original allergic rhinitis has gone completely. My eczema has now mostly cleared up from my chest area, but the skin issues are moving around and I can't seem to figure out what's the root cause. They are also intensifying and it's getting harder to pay them no heed. Are they doing this because I'm getting close to figuring it out or because I'm doing something wrong? When I can manage to ignore them and say that they are going to be there for a while and then go away, they do. Like, after 20 or 30 minutes it goes away, but it moves somewhere else, even though I know what it's doing and that it's TMS and there is no real problem in that area. The problems is it's really intensifying. I ignore it as best I can but it is still on my mind and I look at my skin every so often to see if it's gone yet, etc and I have a fear that maybe it's not TMS, but it always proves itself to be. Maybe I haven't yet adopted the theory properly I think. I know intellectually that it's harmless and it will go away but I worry that I won't find the root cause and thus will allow it to continue forever. I am also worried that these thoughts are feeding the problem and giving it motivation.. How can I better get a handle on this? I am going through the structured education program. I am based in Japan, so English speaking therapists are hard to find. I do know one that will work via Skype but he is not familiar with TMS or Dr. Sarno... Anyone have advice that maybe helped you?

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

If your symptoms are moving around, you are not doing anything wrong. They move because you are doing something right. Remember, your symptoms will only move because your unconscious needs something else to distract you with. This distraction has little to do with the symptoms itself. Instead it is about your reaction to the symptoms. Your internal battle of searching for the root cause and worrying that you have not fully adopted the approach is how your unconscious distracts you from your emotions. Since your symptoms are moving around, you are doing this approach right. All you need to do now is to recognize when you are worrying about your progress, and ask yourself, what am I feeling right now?