1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KatheC, Jan 4, 2016.

1. KatheC

KatheC New Member

I am on Day 8 today. SEP asked if I recognized where the pain is coming from. I can see where it comes with tension/anger/rage/worry that builds up in me. I just need to get better at brushing it off and ignoring it. I have been on vacation the last few days, and just got home this afternoon. The first day of vacation my back was aching just a wee bit, grew less and less as vacation progressed. I had one bout of sciatic that kicked in, but my third day of walking on the beach it only reared its ugly head for a few seconds and disolved as I warned it away and walked on. However last night my neck and back were aching to be cracked and this morning with vacation coming to a close and all my worries coming back about getting back to household chores and work have my back aching pretty much since I woke up today. I have forced myself to not crack my neck or back and journaled tonight. I really really want to crack them. It's tougb. Finished Healing Back Pain book yesterday and 1/3 thru The Great Pain Deception. My sciatic pain moves, but my low back seems to be the same spot. I wish it would move and/or feel differently so I can blame TMS on it, but so far it hasn't moved. It almost feels like an internal "crusty" muscle pain. I don't want to track my pain. I just want it to dissipate. Now that I am home and will be up and moving around a lot more and getting on the tennis courts I feel like I will start to progress more by being active. Vacation was basically reading, eating, walking beach, and napping. i have high hopes, this pain that has came up today will go away sooner than later.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kathe. Your vacation relaxed you. Your pains are back because you are letting yourself worry again about them. It's great that you will be playing tennis again. Activities like that will help you to heal. It isn't our emotional stresses that cause us pain. It's how we react to them. We just need to accept them, then go on with our lives, without monitoring their strength. I think you are doing great.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Kathe, a year before I discovered Dr. Sarno, I was seeing an alternative MD who did cranio-sacral work - which as far as I can tell is some kind of energy work that includes "talking" to your body. This doc convinced me to stop going to the chiropractor, who had done a great job for years getting my Atlas-Occipital joint back into place (although she was frustrated that she couldn't "fix" me). And I'm talking literally about a big knob on the side of my neck whenever it went out, my husband could even feel it ("Creepy!" was his reaction).

Anyway, this doc said that I could keep my A-O joint in place by myself, all I had to do was talk to it. The next time it went out, with the resulting neck pain threatening to become yet another bad headache, I lay in bed that night and gently stroked the joint on my neck (at the base of my head) where it was all knobby, kind of guiding it in the right direction, and told it that it could go back into place, as I visualized my neck being fine in the morning. And it was! I couldn't bloody believe it, but the knob was gone, and I never got the headache. After that, I never had any desire to go back to the chiropractor, because I knew that I could do it myself.

Remember, this was a full year before I discovered Dr. Sarno. It all made sense once I read The Divided Mind. We have way more power over our bodies than anyone ever told us was possible.

Sam222 likes this.
  4. KatheC

KatheC New Member

Thank you Walt and Jan for the vote of confidence and advice. I am moving forward to Day 9 with more confidence in my healing. Today I worked on a bathroom remodel and it felt good to be exerting myself doing home improvements. Tomorrow I am back to work and look forward to whatever it brings.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kathe. It's great that you did some remodeling in the bathroom. That gives you a big boost of morale and confidence. When I was home alone one T Thanksgiving, I painted the overhead pipes in my basement orange so I would see them and not hit my head on them anymore. Doing the painting while listening to music and drinking a couple of beers turned a bummer day into a good one. Keeping busy has always been good for me.

Hope you have a good day back at work.