1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dream interpretations/elephants

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Goldy, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Goldy

Goldy Peer Supporter

Last night I had a dream about elephants. I don't remember much of the dream, but there were elephants in a place that didn't make sense...

I don't know if these dream interpretations are true or not, but I like to look up the meaning of dreams when I have dreams I don't understand.

It said:

If you dream of elephants, such a dream might be a sign of some important memories that you shouldn't forget. Sometimes these dreams might represent repressed thoughts or memories surfacing from your subconscious.

These animals in dreams might be a symbol of some events from the past you keep bringing up instead of letting them go and forgetting about them.

Maybe a dream about elephants is a sign of something you need to remember or something you shouldn't forget because it is very important for you.

In the TMS world, this was very interesting...is my subconscious trying to talk to me? It would be great if we could tap into this to understand what we are repressing?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's interesting. Since Sarno's work made me re-investigate Freud , I of course came to dreams... "where we go quietly and safely insane every night"
    It's the closest look some of us get into the stuff down there. I think it worthy of mention that the longer I have been 'cured' the fewer and fewer disturbing dreams I have had... like maybe one a year. I think i have made peace with the circus.

Whenever I do have a weird one I go to that website 'dream moods' (all one word) and they have a whole database of possible interpretations for the symbolism. Time and experience have born them out to be largely correct for me. Most of us are really similar. One thing TMS has taught me is that I'm not all that unique (thank God!)

HattieNC likes this.
  3. Goldy

Goldy Peer Supporter

I was having some pretty intense dreams earlier in the tms process where I was yelling out, but now my dreams are taming down. I find the "where we go quietly and safely insane every night" very intriguing! I have gotten rid of some of the pain, but I still have symptoms. I wish we could do the recovery work in our dreams; it would be a lot easier for me!

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.” ― Carl Jung

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  4. Baseball65

It has been my experience that we DO. Thus Sarno's OG observation that the info has to 'sink in'... I think a lot of the reorganization does happen when we're asleep...

Goldy likes this.
  5. Goldy

Goldy Peer Supporter

I'm looking for the easy way out. Asleep would be good because I feel as though I'm trying to figure out a cryptic puzzle with this TMS, and I'm not good at that!

6. Baseball65

According to Freud, Sarno and the whole concept of unconscious, neither are any of us. Recovery from TMS takes good imagination, because we don't know... and after not knowing for long enough we start to see the shadow on the wall and have a vague, ego pleasing comfort in knowing that only God knows.

prisons,palaces, guards and bars.
    Just aIN'T no telling the convicts from stars
    "Chained to the fate of what God meant to be"
    God gets to laugh, cause we always were free
    -

Goldy likes this.