1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dreams & Emotional Purging

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Paigeee, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Paigeee

Paigeee Peer Supporter

Hey everyone,

Do you ever have dreams about the emotional issue that's causing your TMS flare while you're in the flare? Since I've been in this current flare of mine I've been bombarded with dreams about someone who really hurt me, emotionally. The unresolved pain and anger I had because of this has now put me in this flare. It's so interesting to me how this happens, it shows me that the brain is truly such an incredible, and sometimes scary mechanism.

2. Lynn S

Lynn S Peer Supporter

I find it interesting that there are so many views and no replies. I have a life time of issues, events, subconscious programming, and such that surfaces in my dreams. This include the dreams I don't think aren't relevant. It's all relevant. Yes our brain is incredible. Don't let it intimidate you.

I hope you're excited about everything coming through in your dreams. You're pealing away what's needed to face and go through your process of healing. Please use this as an opportunity to feel what's going on.

Durga and Paigeee like this.
  3. Paigeee

Paigeee Peer Supporter

Thank you for the response, I take it as a good sign that I have been having so many dreams about this person.

Another funny thing, before this current flare, I had been having nightmares where I'm actually, physically in the EXACT discomfort I'm in now--because it's such a fear of mine. Like I was in very bad pain in the dream, and woke up and it fizzled away. Consequently, this is the same pain I'm in now!

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes!!
    And regardless of perceived progress, the psychodynamic storms being so related in time with symptoms is great evidence of TMS. This evidence is important, to know you are experiencing psychogenic symptoms.

Paigeee likes this.
  5. Lynn S

Lynn S Peer Supporter

Watch out there now. That's not so funny. A good demonstration of how our thoughts can manifest. Maybe you can use this gift to your advantage.

Paigeee likes this.
  6. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

I have been having marital issues for the past several years. Even though we are trying to work it out, I still feel extremely angry at my spouse. For the past several months, I've had dreams where I say (scream, yell) all the things that I've been wanting to say to him, but won't for the sake of repairing our relationship. I wake up feeling better physically and emotionally because I've purged that nastiness from my system.

Paigeee likes this.
  7. Paigeee

Paigeee Peer Supporter

wow, that's very interesting--especially the fact that you feel a sense of relief when you wake up. I have similar dreams towards this person--I'll be either yelling at them, or hurling insults at them. It's basically like I'm just spewing all the things I wish I could say in persons to them but can't.

HattieNC likes this.