1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Emotions connected to the pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jullemire, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jullemire

jullemire Peer Supporter

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to say that I am learning a lot with this program.

Last Saturday evening I was going to my sister's house for dinner and a movie. I woke up Saturday morning with a sharp pain between my left shoulder blade and my neck (a pain I had experienced before). I started to get freaked out however I stopped myself and asked myself why was I having this pain? What was I stressed about?

And I realized that I was a bit stressed about going over to my sister's... I love her very much however we had a hard time getting along when we were teenagers. It got better with time but I feel she is very harsh and critical of everyone and I was stressed that she would come down on me for who knows why. Within 45 minutes of realizing this, the pain completely went away!

I am convinced that I have TMS but after going through this, I'm 200% sure!

Jilly likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I want to know if you had pain during or after your visit with your sister.

3. jullemire

jullemire Peer Supporter

During dinner I was ok. Afterwards while watching the movies I had a bit of a sore neck but the position I had was not the best (seating arrangement not optimal!). When we left I was fine.

4. Stella

Stella Well known member

Good for you.

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

I love it when we can make a connection !!

This has happened to me too!

jullemire likes this.
  6. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

It's so simple isn't it ? Right under our noses ! I am very new to this but I too am experiencing fantastic results. Way to go ! :)