1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

All the Rage Film Exclusive scene from film! Just for TMSwiki

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Caroline Rumur, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Caroline Rumur

Caroline Rumur Well known member

Hey!!!

At Rumur, we are gearing up for our Kickstarter campaign and we wanted to share some scenes from the film with you. Please don’t share these with anyone else because they are not finished and are only for those of you who know about the project at this point. The password is tms.

Click here to view this on Vimeo

This is a possible scene we have been working on when Dr.Sarno addressed the senate hearing. We will be posting a lot of other clips in the next few days just for you. These are the kind of clips that we will be sharing during the Kickstarter campaign.

When we launch the campaign we will need you to share these as widely as possible but for now they are just for you.

Our tentative date to launch the Kickstarter is Nov. 11 but we still have a lot to complete before then. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Kickstarter, it is a crowd funding site that we have used in the past to create some of our films. Here is a link to one of our previous films, Battle for Brooklyn.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rumur/battle-of-brooklyn

Part of Kickstarter is to offer rewards for those who support projects. We will have pre-orders of the DVD available as well as DVD's in bunches so you can give them to friends and those who would benefit from learning about TMS. In addition we will have signed copies of Healing Back Pain and more. We are still solidifying the rewards.

Thanks for being a part of helping others recover from TMS! I will keep you updated as we move closer to the launch date.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This is wonderful! The footage is amazing, and I'm thrilled that Rumur is going to tell this story.

The good doctor has contributed so very much to so many people and he deserves to have his story told far and wide. I will definitely sign up to Kickstarter as soon as it starts and share the materials as widely as I can. I'm already a fan of the Facebook Rumur page. We definitely want to see this film get made!

As a sidenote, Dr. Sarno's wife, with him in the video, is a very accomplished research professor in Speech and Language pathology. The following may be too long to read, but the length of her list of publications at the end speaks for itself:
    http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~duchan/new_history/hist20c/sarno.html

North Star and Caroline Rumur like this.
  3. Caroline Rumur

Thanks!! Its so great to hear of your support and thank you for all your work Forest! You have built an amazing community that has helped so many! :D

And Yes! I am so glad you know about Dr. Martha Sarno. She applied the same mind body theories to speech pathology and grew her field tremendously. She talks about that in an interview we have for the film. Its amazing how many fields these theories are relevant to.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, we couldn't be more excited about the work you are doing as well!

As you may know, Dr. Frances Sommer-Anderson and Dr. Eric Sherman, two of the psychologists who worked most closely with Dr. Sarno, refer to her as Dr. Mrs. Sarno in view of her accomplishments. While it may be awkward, it certainly shows a high degree of respect. If anyone is curious, Fran and Eric worked with Dr. Sarno for a combined 60 years, and recently published a book called Pathways to Pain Relief. It's the only book by psychologists who did extensive formal training with Dr. Sarno and Dr. Feinblatt at Rusk, so I look to it for deep psychological insights.

North Star and Caroline Rumur like this.
  5. Caroline Rumur

Ah you know so much Forest! That's awesome! Speaking of Dr.Frances Sommer-Anderson and Dr.Eric Sherman, we are going to interview them tmr morning!

North Star, BruceMC and Forest like this.
  6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

The clip looks great! Looking forward to seeing more, and to supporting the Kickstarter campaign.

Thanks!

North Star likes this.
  7. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Amen... Thanks to all for your work on this!! I'm very excited about it.

8. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

So jazzed to see this unfolding! I look forward to bringing my support to the campaign.

Caroline Rumur likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I just watched and it's wonderful.
    Hearing-seeing Dr. Sarno in the hearing with the senator is powerful.
    I know what he means... years ago I had an anxiety attack and my doctor said it
    was from a chemical imbalance. I got treatment from a psychologist who gave me Librium
    and took a lot of my money and time without helping me learn the real cause of my anxiety.

I learned that 40 years later by learning about Dr. Sarno and TMS.
    I don't have a chemical imbalance and never had one.
    My childhood repressed emotions over poverty during the 1930s Great Depression
    and my parents divorcing gave me anxiety and anger. TMS led me to understanding them better
    and forgiving. That led to being free of back pain.

So I totally agree that much of everyone's pain is from TMS and the Mindbody connection,
    and am so glad this video is going to become available. It is going to help a lot of people,
    although the medical profession and pharmacology business is doubtless doing to poo-poo it.

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

More likely, they will ignore it because they won't want to attract attention to it.

11. Caroline Rumur

That's an incredible story Walt! :D Thanks for sharing.

12. Day-Cee

Day-Cee Peer Supporter

Great clip!!! I just liked Rumur Facebook page, I'll sign up to kickstarter as soon as available tomorrow!