1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Fascinating Social Media Diagram Showing Freud's Psychoanalytic Personality Triad

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by donavanf, Nov 22, 2016.

1. donavanf

donavanf Well known member

[​IMG]
    An incredible breakdown of social media using Freud's psychoanalytic personality theory. I've done a lot of work on myself over the last few years to keep my viciously hyper vigilant superego in check, allow my ego to become fortified in a healthy manner while still allowing my primal ID to express itself. I have a long way to go, but it has freed me from much physical and psychic suffering. The only thing I would add to this diagram is Tumblr, which I would probably throw at the bottom. I find Tumblr to be a great release for the ID. I'm also curious as to where LinkedIn would be on this, I'm guessing in the middle, or perhaps near the top. It's also missing Pinterest, which I think falls into the top as well, with elements of all three. Isn't this cool?

hopeful_guitarist and Forest like this.
  2. Juno

Juno Peer Supporter

I think this chart is really cool. I can't tell when it was made, but with the advent of more and more social media outlets we could add to this list indefinitely as time goes on. I'm super familiar with Freud's theory and if I were teaching college psychology I would totally make this a fun assignment.

3. hopeful_guitarist

hopeful_guitarist Peer Supporter

This is really fascinating to me, especially because my TMS treatment has led to me losing interest in Facebook (I used to check it obsessively) and gaining interest in Reddit. Not sure what that means about me yet. :)